Silly Question

I haven't been apart of CC for very long, but I love it! Wish I would have found this before my first cruise.

my question for you is in your tags (not sure of the technical term for it) some of you have cruise countdowns or boats that you've sailed on. How do you put those on there?

I haven't been apart of CC for very long, but I love it! Wish I would have found this before my first cruise.

my question for you is in your tags (not sure of the technical term for it) some of you have cruise countdowns or boats that you've sailed on. How do you put those on there?

That is called the signature, and you set that up by clicking on UserCP towards the top left of the page.

Ironically, a lot of people turn that stuff off because it bloats the messages so much. I can always click on the posters link if I want to see more information about them, but most of the time, and I mean this with all due respect, I don't really care what cruises people have been on before :)

Tom

I just type the list in the signature area.

If you click on your "avatar", that's the little square box by your "handle" (user name) at the top of your posts. You can click on anyone's avatar answer see some information about the user. The user determines how much you see.

When you are in your profile, you should see a link in the upper right that says "Edit your profile" or something close to that wording. Click that, then look along the left side of the page you see now. "Edit signature NO ADVERTISING" should be one of the choices. Click that link.

Now you should see an area to the left with a text entry box. You can type in whatever you want, but no advertising of any type! Some people put a list of ships with or without date sailed. Mine was getting kinda long so I recently changed the format. Just remember, every time you post, everything in your signature, aka "sig", is appended to your post. Once you have what you want, click the "Save Signature NO ADVERTISING" link and you're done with that part.

Having lots and lots if text or countdown clocks slows down the loading of the forum pages for everyone, especially for folks who may be on slow connections. Also total monthly data is limited on most cell phones. Make a sig, but don't over do it.

You can also add a picture or other graphic as your avatar. That's one of the first options near the top of the profile choices. The picture should be small (low pixel count) and I think it says the maximum size. It's too complicated to describe how to reduce the size of a picture, not hard to do, but this post is already getting too long. One of your friends can show you how or ask here and someone else can help you

Good luck.

Edited by Hawaiifrank