Day Rooms: Singapore

kickbacknrelax

It may actually be worthwhile checking out the airport. They have a good hotel with rooms by the hour. Alternatively, you may be able to check in your luggage at the airport and then spend the rest of the day sightseeing. There is excellent subway service to and from the airport or it is relatively easy to hire a good taxi for the day. I have other posts on this board with suggestions of things to do and see in Singapore which you may find to be of some help.

Enjoy Singapore. It is a wonderful place!

:confused: Does anyone know of any hotels in Singapore which rent day rooms. We arrive Singapore early morning and fly out late evening but we don't fancy being dumped at the airport hours before our flight by the cruise line.

thanks

Check out Sentosa Island Resorts (various resort hotels) - even if they can't give you a day room per se, it's minutes (by cab) from the Port and there are good facilities there to relax, swim, eat etc. The resort is about a 40-45 min drive from the airport. They should be able to hold your luggage for you whilst you relax etc (try the Shangri-la's Rasa Sentosa Resort)

If you want to do a bit more than relax, try getting a day room at one of the hotels along Orchard Road (main shopping thoroughfare with restaurants etc). This would be a 25-30min drive to the airport (Try the Singapore Marriott / Phoenix - all on Orchard Rd)

Failing that, for a lovely way to finish your vacation do have afternoon tea around 3pm at the Raffles Hotel (they call it tea, but it's a meal in itself with sandwiches/cakes/pastries/asian noodles and snacks etc). Nearby you can try and get a day room at the Marina Mandarin (20-25min drive to a/port) It has all the facilities of a great hotel and is a 7min walk to Raffles City shopping Centre and adjacent Raffles Hotel. It's also on the edge of the city so a nice straight drive to the airport! Another hotel nearby, which is within 7mins walk of Raffles is the Grand Plaza Park Royal with pool/spa etc on 10 Coleman St.

If travelling in rush-hour allow at least another 30 mins on top of these times!

Good luck - Singapore is one of my favourite cities and I have been there many times....

hi AJ- we are on the Diamond cruise in december from singapore to sydney and I wondered if you could tell me anything about the hydrofoil in Vung Tau - is it easy to do it on our own and then take an independent tour in Saigon or do you think we must book with Princess to take the Hydrofoil (exhorbitantly priced of course)

I would really appreciate any information you can give

thank you for that info 'kickback'- I had already written to them but for some reason they thought we were docking at the other port hence the reluctance to arrange transfer from the ship. They have now said they will arrange transfers from ship to hydrofoil and then sightseeing tour in HCM so, i'm feeling happier and more relaxed about that.

thanks again

marilyn

Lbackwith

Do you think that it is adviseable to book afternoon tea at Raffles Hotel in advance

I have never booked in advance myself, but that doesn't mean you can't. Here's the link for info - it's from 3.30pm - 5.30pm in the Tiffin Room. If you're a tea drinker, it's complete heaven as they refresh your pot of tea every 30 mins or so!

http://www.raffles.com/raffles/mini_site/mini_site_dining_entertainment.asp?mini_site_id=7&content_group_id=114&language_type_id=1

Enjoy.

Archived