Question about Scavi Tour in Rome

I sent in the reservation request form for the Scavi tour about 3 months ago and received an email saying our request was being "processed" ,and we would be notified later. We leave on our trip Monday, Sept. 19 and have still not heard anything. I requested the tour for either Wed. the 21st or Thursday the 22nd. Here is my question:

Does anyone know whether you are notified if you did not get the tour, and is there a way to check to see if you are approved? I know that you are not supposed to email them again, but is there a number to call to see if you got the requested tour or is this a waste of time?

I know some people have said that they heard right before they left, and I would hate to leave one day and return home after the trip to find out we were approved and missed the tour because we didn't know we could have gone on it.

If anyone can help me, please share your info with me.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan - We submitted our request 2mths before our cruise. A week before we left we received an e-mail explaining that our request could not be met. In fact, our dinner partners actually had to e-mail several times before getting a response confirming their tour. It seems like a hassle, but I think they just get overwhelmed with requests. Good luck!

Another thing to try, if you have the perseverance and patience........if you are a Catholic, or if you have a friend who is, you should try to contact your nearest Catholic Bishop's office (Diocesan Pastoral Center or Chancery). Find out if one of the priests in the chancery has any contacts in Rome (usually one of the office priests has gone to school there). Ask that person if he might be able to get you a ticket for the tour.

Thanks for all the advice, but I don't have to worry about it anymore. When I checked my email this morning, we had a reservation!! I am so glad, so now I can move on to the next thing on our "To Do" list before we leave on Monday.

Thanks again for all your helpful advice. I just love these cc boards!!

Jan

Archived