Opinions on cove balcony on the Breeze

I haven't been in one yet (I will be in Oct though), but I think that most people will reply that they are fantastic. It's why I booked one. From what I read during my research, people generally love being closer to the water and having a private balcony. Anyway, I'm sure others will chime in soon. [emoji4]

Edited by bakersdozen12

We loved our Cove Balcony--Just beware of the location. We had the last cove towards the back the ship on the Dream and it was below some part of the kitchen. There was awful dragging and clanking noises for quite awhile after dinner as they cleaned up. And you could definitely hear people talking if you were out on your balcony.

It didn't keep us up at night but if you go to bed early, it could be a problem.

Jill

My family of four was in a cove over Thanksgiving 2014 on Breeze and it was great! Saw flying fish, felt the ocean spray and only "noise issue" was the sound of the ocean. We were in 2252 (mid ship, in front of the elevators) and it was a great location.

Have a great cruise!

Most reports I have read of those are quite favorable. It seems that people love them. I myself would like to give them a try sometime. Let us know what you come up with, and if you liked it. I was on the Breeze, but had an "interior" room, which in this case was at the front of the ship with a walkway view.... We could see where we were going at the same price as a windowless room. We quite enjoyed it. I have started a Breeze review on our blog, but just got back from another trip and am trying to get all of that info together as well.... stupid real life keeps getting in the way.

We had a CB on the Breeze and Dream. Loved them. Try to get just under guest services or same spot on other side (think it was 2290). There a big gap overhead between life boats. The sound of the waves lapping against the hull was intoxicating...or was it the Rhum?

LOVE the cove balcony! Close to the water, more private than a regular balcony, balcony seemed slightly bigger than a regular sized balcony, and our cabin (2264) gave us a nice view of the pier runners. It amazes me how many people are late returning to a ship :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've already seen videos and photos of the cove, but if you haven't check out my link below.....

Just got off the Breeze today. We had 2 joining cove balcony rooms (2268 and 2272). Loved, loved, loved them. We were close to the elevators so getting to other areas of the ship was not a problem. The balconies are so private and it is cool to be close to the water. We had a great location with no noise at all. Also, these cabins and the next 3 or so (2276, 2280, 2284) are not under lifeboats. Definitely don't get a balcony on floor 6. Those are awful, as they lookout over the promenade not the water.

Was just on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it! Great ship, can't wait to go back in September;)

We will be on the September 26, 2015 sailing! We went last September too but the other itnerary. This next one is Aruba, Curaco, La Romana and Grand Turk. Excited, love love love the Breeze!

I know I am in the minority and have never been in a cove, but there is nothing about them that appeals to me. Being under the life boats I would hate, they seem very claustrophobic, yet others like it as it is more private. Being closer to the water also does not sell them for me personally.

They are the cheapest price point for a balcony, so I am sure this is also a selling point.

However, if you are curious about them then definitely book it and try it out for yourself.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Breeze in May and had a cove balcony. Our first cove and we really enjoyed it. Our cabin was between the lifeboats. Only one negative. A couple of nights the seas were a little rough and the balcony received a lot of spray. In the morning after the water evaporated the railing and chairs were covered with salt and needed to be wiped down. Not a deal breaker. Definitely would book a cove again.

My mom and I booked a girl's only cruise last year in cove to see what all the fuss was about. We loved it!

In fact, when I couldn't locate Mom she was sitting on the balcony wearing a floppy hat, and watching the scenery. (I will never be able to book an ocean-view or interior with her again.) She said this was the best part of her trip and she would never let me book a spa or regular balcony.

You are super close to the water. We were able to see dolphins and flying fish. The life boats above provide cover so that others cannot look down into your balcony, and some shade. Some do complain that coves are dark so I research the deck plan and pick a stateroom that fell in the gaps between boats (2337.)

The room is the size of a normal room, and did have a sofa table and vanity like other balconies.

Here are a few pics of our views (sorry for the size.)

covepic.jpg.3a67974f5a67add92302b1ad992e1b88.jpg

covecozumelview.jpg.7459b804de20d9e91817eddc8eb4f86b.jpg

coveboat.jpg.9fffe29b9d66ea2b71bd993102ce9e98.jpg

We are in 2380 for our cruise on the breeze this October... Below the galley. Not sure if anything can be done about it now (don't know if carnival allows you to switch)... Do you or does anyone else have personal experience with the noise being below the galley?