problem on the Dawn again?

INDIANA JOE

Okay, so has anyone else found they had items stolen on this cruise? At first, I thought that maybe I left the couple items I found missing from my suitcase,(although I was quite sure I packed them.) One was a cheap necklace,(under $10,) the other was some medication. Could they have fallen out while the bag was being transported to the cabin? Sure, I could live with that. However, upon arriving home, a very expensive designer jacket and the cheap picture they give you for attending the art show were both missing as well. Now I'm steamed! Someone was smart enough to take the items right before I packed our suitcase the night before we docked back in Boston! Clever, for sure. In the hustle of returning home, I didn't notice these were gone until the next day,(Saturday.) I called the cruise ship immediately, and was told I had to wait until Monday when "lost and found" was open. Lost and found!!?? Didn't she hear me??? These things were STOLEN, not lost!!!

It is now Monday morning, and I'm sitting here waiting for the cruise people to arrive, so I can report these items stolen, or as they claim, "lost."

Has anyone ever dealt with this problem? If so, what, if any, restitution was offered? Any comments or advice are welcome.

And please, those of you who will say the jacket was somehow lost, refrain from commenting! I know it was not lost, as it never left the cabin! I tried it on to wear one night, and decided it did not look great with the outfit I was wearing. Back in the closet it went.

And also, remember, there were no flights involved, as this ship is docked 30 miles from where I live.

Edited by jasmine44

Okay, so has anyone else found they had items stolen on this cruise? At first, I thought that maybe I left the couple items I found missing from my suitcase,(although I was quite sure I packed them.) One was a cheap necklace,(under $10,) the other was some medication. Could they have fallen out while the bag was being transported to the cabin? Sure, I could live with that. However, upon arriving home, a very expensive designer jacket and the cheap picture they give you for attending the art show were both missing as well. Now I'm steamed! Someone was smart enough to take the items right before I packed our suitcase the night before we docked back in Boston! Clever, for sure. In the hustle of returning home, I didn't notice these were gone until the next day,(Saturday.) I called the cruise ship immediately, and was told I had to wait until Monday when "lost and found" was open. Lost and found!!?? Didn't she hear me??? These things were STOLEN, not lost!!!

It is now Monday morning, and I'm sitting here waiting for the cruise people to arrive, so I can report these items stolen, or as they claim, "lost."

Has anyone ever dealt with this problem? If so, what, if any, restitution was offered? Any comments or advice are welcome.

And please, those of you who will say the jacket was somehow lost, refrain from commenting! I know it was not lost, as it never left the cabin! I tried it on to wear one night, and decided it did not look great with the outfit I was wearing. Back in the closet it went.

And also, remember, there were no flights involved, as this ship is docked 30 miles from where I live.

Sorry to hear this. We were on the Dawn in April-May with no issues.

However, your post here is considered OT from OP, and for wider readership and response you may wish to post as a separate thread.

Peace out. :cool: