Anyone been through the new "central Screenng"at Schiphol?

pzbz

I would be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the new screening method that was put in place on June 3rd at Schiphol. It is "supposed" to make the process easier for fliers....

This weekend it was rather busy at the airport. According the local newspaper yes there were lines for the new security. Waiting time could be op to 45minutes.

Since the system is rather new that isnot surprising. However by the time you sail it certainly will be better.

August however is highseason, so I cannot guarantee there will be no lines.

Glad to hear there's a new process. The last time I flew out of AMS we had business class tickets and were supposed to be in a Priority Line. However, that line was shared by all the crew and it took what felt like twice as long to be processed than if we had just used the regular one, because there were so many coming in that could go to the front of the line (as they well should). I remember thinking that some things really needed to be streamlined there.

Happy Travels!

Glad to hear there's a new process. The last time I flew out of AMS we had business class tickets and were supposed to be in a Priority Line. However, that line was shared by all the crew and it took what felt like twice as long to be processed than if we had just used the regular one, because there were so many coming in that could go to the front of the line (as they well should). I remember thinking that some things really needed to be streamlined there.

Happy Travels!

Priority lanes unfortunately often donot work at Schiphol. However that has to do with boarding not with security.

Today again a photo in our local newspaper with long lines for security yesterday............

Priority lanes unfortunately often donot work at Schiphol. However that has to do with boarding not with security.

Today again a photo in our local newspaper with long lines for security yesterday............

The photo you saw in the newspaper was only for transit passengers, they had some issues with central security/immigrations who couldn't handle the big amount of passengers transitting.

Lines for passengers leaving from Schiphol are not as big anymore, they are finetuning the new central security which takes some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went through the new screening process early yesterday morning. I was on Delta. Not only was it confusing since old signage was still in place, but took about an hour, just for the "screening line", not inlcudng luggage drop off, etc.

It was easier, quicker and more efficient 2 years ago when the "screening" was held at the gates.