Infants on excursions in Caribbean....

GarnetFan8

I'll be heading to Georgetown, Falmouth, and Labadee in March 2016 and by that time my infant will be 2.5 years old (along with 3 other older siblings). I know Labadee won't be an issue, but if we decide to do an excursion or ride a taxi/bus somewhere on the other 2, what are the laws for seat belts/car seats? I'm obviously not lugging my car seat on the boat.

Does anyone have any experience/advice on this subject? I know I can leave him in the "nursery" area and go on shore, but would like to avoid that if possible.

If this is on Navigator, I am pretty sure that it does not have a nursery. It has Royal Tots & Babies Program but this is not a dedicated nursery, so no drop off for under 3's

When I go to RCIs site, this is what they show for NOS.....sounds like there's a fee for under 3, but it does mention drop offs and it being a dedicated nursery. Am I missing something? It does say "select ships" but I had already clicked on "Navigator of the Seas" prior to this.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families&tab=3

Edited by GarnetFan8

When I go to RCIs site, this is what they show for NOS.....sounds like there's a fee for under 3, but it does mention drop offs and it being a dedicated nursery. Am I missing something? It does say "select ships" but I had already clicked on "Navigator of the Seas" prior to this.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families&tab=3

Yes. This is very misleading - from what I remember, a nursery was planned for Navigator during dry dock but it got cancelled at last minute. But, please post this specific question on RCI forum - does Navigator have a nursery. When I look at features online, it does not list one but it would be much safer to ask someone who has recently sailed on her.

I hope this does not ruin things for you.

I was on the Navigator last year after refurb and they did have a dedicated nursery (which we used extensively).

Awesome. It is weird that they do not list it on the web site as a feature! Thanks for update.

I was on the Navigator last year after refurb and they did have a dedicated nursery (which we used extensively).

And I assume that this nursery was the one that quoted $6/hr in the daytime and $8/hr in the evening to watch the child, is that right?

Also, what is the drop-off and pick-up policy? Do I need to reserve times or is it come and go as you wish?

I believe the price for the nursery is $8/hr no matter at what time you go. The other kids clubs (Aquanauts, etc) charge $6 after 10 pm. They close at midnight.

I think you can reserve up to 20 hours on the first day, then you can reserve more later on if there's availability.

The way we've done it is: the first night we reserve 2 hours for every night of the cruise so we can make sure we have some time to party as adults. Then during the day we just do walk-ins and have always found availability. As long as you pick them up before their closing times you'll be fine. They'll charge you for whatever time the child stays in the nursery.

I'd ask them on day 2 how many kids have signed up. That might give you a better idea of the "competition" and therefore possible walk-in availability :)

Edited by sherezada