Remembering Alaska & Kenai Fjords...

AryMay

Every day for the past week I have thought...last year at this time we were "________" . And each day I filled in the blank with a different location from our Alaskan cruise.

A year later I am still marveling at the incredible wildlife and magestic views that we saw in Alaska. I love our Caribbean cruises, but nothing prepared me for the way that I would be impacted by Alaska!! And although we have no future Alaskan trips planned (yet), I find myself checking this board daily just to see if there are any new trip reports or photos!

My advice...for those of you who are on the fence about visiting Alaska...do it!! And for those of you who are lucky enough to cruise to Alaska this summer...please come back and write a review for people like me...OK?

So...although I am going about my routine day here in Minnesota, my mind will be in the Kenai Fjords of Alaska today. Out of all of our travels, this ranks #1 as my all time favorite place!! This day (for me) captured the best of what Alaska has to offer!! So...if you would like to take a mental vacation with me...here are the links to my blog posts from our day in the Kenai Fjords! :)

Kenai Fjords Tour - Part 1

Kenai Fjords Tour - Part 2

Edited by AryMay

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! I will be doing the Major Marine cruise so they gave me a taste of what I may see. I hope to do a review with lots of pictures when I return. 59 days to go!

Can so relate to your post, AryMay, and couldn't agree more with your advice to anyone considering going - go to Alaska!

A year ago today, we flew to Fairbanks to start our two week Alaska adventure. So glad we went, but do wish we had gone when we were younger and able to be more active. Still, hope to go again!

Thank you AryMay for the pictures!! Last year was my first trip to Alaska and I too come here and read, especially now that AK cruise season is on again. I loved my time in AK and can't wait to go again!:)

Kenai Fjords was the single best day of our 10-day Alaska trip last year too! I also thought that last year would be my once-in-a-lifetime Alaska cruise with my husband, but low and behold, I found a great deal this year and took my 3 kids to Alaska in May :) We didn't get to Kenai this year, but now it's in my mind that we may go again someday. Hopefully, you will too.