Dress code for kids in My Fair Lady

Hi going soon on Enchantment of the seas and justvwonderinh what the dress code is for kids on the normal nights in main restaurant.

would cargo shorts , dressy ones and a shirt be ok or do they need chino trousers?

Just dont want to brinh chinos if not needed.

thank you

Shorts are not permitted in the main dining room for dinner, but feel free to ignore the rule as Royal will likely not enforce it.

Edited by clarea

Hi going soon on Enchantment of the seas and justvwonderinh what the dress code is for kids on the normal nights in main restaurant.

would cargo shorts , dressy ones and a shirt be ok or do they need chino trousers?

Just dont want to brinh chinos if not needed.

thank you

Kids are people too, and have the same dress code as other people.

Thanks for reply. Its our first cruise and i had heard its a bit hit and miss with RC about what to wear etc.

I'll bring the trousers and wait see what others are doing when were there.

Dress code adherence varies amongst kids and adults.

I assume you are asking only about boys?

My son (7) packs a suit and a tux for two formal nights. For the first night, (casual) he will wear chinos/casual pants with a short-sleeve linen style shirt. For the remaining smart-casual nights, he will wear his school uniform pants (a little dressier than a chino pant but not quite as dressy as a dress pant.) With these he will wear golf shirts and or short sleeve button down shirts. Always dress shoes with dinner.

Girls are easier - every night is formal night.

Thanks Queen of Oakville, that's good info. Yes both boys age 8 and 13. Il defo bring the pants, shirts and shoes. We're not planning to go to the very formal night, but we will for the other nights. We're in Florida for a month and we're moving about so I only want to bring what we'll use.

My son (7) packs a suit and a tux for two formal nights. For the first night, (casual) he will wear chinos/casual pants with a short-sleeve linen style shirt. For the remaining smart-casual nights, he will wear his school uniform pants (a little dressier than a chino pant but not quite as dressy as a dress pant.) With these he will wear golf shirts and or short sleeve button down shirts. Always dress shoes with dinner.

This how we dress our boys too. Formal nights= suit with coat and tie. Semi-formal = slacks with dress shirt and tie, casual= chinos and polo shirt.

No matter the night they always have a collared shirt and dress shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So glad others feel the same bout formal nights. It is so much fun to dress up.. From Gerry in Orillia Ontario.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk