Identification?

Banks822

My husband's license has cracked in his wallet. He went to get a new one today, but they mail them now and it takes 8-10 days. We cruise on June 14th which means I don't have 8 days! He doesn't have a passport either. Will they let him on the ship with his license cracked?

Does he have his birth certificate? He can board w/ birth certificate and photo ID. Don't think it would have to be drivers license. Does he have a work photo ID? Double check with carnival. The quicker the better.

Edited by volmoma

Does he have his birth certificate? He can board w/ birth certificate and photo ID. Don't think it would have to be drivers license. Does he have a work photo ID? Double check with carnival. The quicker the better.

If traveling using the birth certificate and photo ID, the photo ID is supposed to be a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID card, sometimes they will take a school ID as long as it has a photo and birthdate on it).

Thanks I knew it had to have photo but had forgotten about government issue...[emoji4]

Yeah, your Costco one ain't gonna work.

Though my homemade business card sized copy of my Passport has worked sometimes.

Yeah, your Costco one ain't gonna work.

Though my homemade business card sized copy of my Passport has worked sometimes.

Ok that's funny I don't care who you are!!!! And no I'm not kin to Larry the cable guy....LOL

I called Carnival and asked. The lady said for him to tape it up and bring it along with the paper showing his new one is in the way. We're praying that works! Thanks for all the advice 😊

I cruised a couple weeks ago, and one of my party only had a paper version of his driver license (hadn't received the hard copy in the mail yet) and his birth certificate. Security took a few extra minutes to look at it, but didn't have any issue. No problem coming back through customs either. You should be fine.

I cruised a couple weeks ago, and one of my party only had a paper version of his driver license (hadn't received the hard copy in the mail yet) and his birth certificate. Security took a few extra minutes to look at it, but didn't have any issue. No problem coming back through customs either. You should be fine.

That's our plan. I'm hoping it works for us as well!

My husband's license has cracked in his wallet. He went to get a new one today, but they mail them now and it takes 8-10 days. We cruise on June 14th which means I don't have 8 days! He doesn't have a passport either. Will they let him on the ship with his license cracked?

North Carolina licenses have had a number of issues. The cracking is a common one. Technically, this is no longer valid. Any reasonable person will accept it, especially if accompanied by the receipt that North Carolina issues when a replacement is requested. I lived in NC for over 25 years and never had an issue except once at a Wal-Mart pharmacy. An overzealous pharmacy tech refused to accept my cracked license. She was rude and obnoxious about it too. I complained to her superior, took the Rx and the same cracked license to another Wal-Mart and got the Rx. The ugly person got fired.

Other common NC driver's license issues are fading, photos self-erasing and delaminating from the paper core. I hope that the requirement that the license be issued from a central office will have eliminated all these things.