Self Driving Tours

ROLLING TIDE

• 2 weeks later...

Do you really want to rent a car and drive on this island? There are hair pin turns, and some drivers think they are driving in the Indy 500.

No way in the world would I ever consider renting a car.

Do you really want to rent a car and drive on this island? There are hair pin turns, and some drivers think they are driving in the Indy 500.

No way in the world would I ever consider renting a car.

My thoughts exactly! Those people drive like maniacs. In fact on our way back to the ships there was an accident blocking our road. But that didn't stop our driver from "squeezing" by on the shoulder, otherwise we may not have made it back to ship on time. The rescuers hadn't even showed up yet, and there was a person laying on the street next to one of the 2 cars (head-on collision). So there's no doubt it would have been a while if we didn't have a crazy driver ourselves!!!

Yes, I applaud your courage to drive in St. Thomas. Personally, I like the easy, get in the aircondition van, or open air truck, and sit back and HOLD ON! We've been several times and done different things, and most cabs will make your day great. They'll charge a per person fee, but they'll drop you off at Magen's Bay and pick you up later, then take you to somewhere else, pick you up, etc. It's much easier, but if you are going to drive.... GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED!

Yes, I applaud your courage to drive in St. Thomas. Personally, I like the easy, get in the aircondition van, or open air truck, and sit back and HOLD ON! We've been several times and done different things, and most cabs will make your day great. They'll charge a per person fee, but they'll drop you off at Magen's Bay and pick you up later, then take you to somewhere else, pick you up, etc. It's much easier, but if you are going to drive.... GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED!

Archived