Any males planning a cruise out of NY in the laste fall or early winter this year?

cruiseelady

I've always wanted to try the Gem, and that's a good deal and I like the itinerary. I just tried to do a mock booking, but it still charged me the supplement. They are running an extra cabin guests are free promotion, but that's for the third or fourth guests.

Try again, but do it almost till they ask for payment. Its 699 for a guarantee and 709 if you pick your room I think category IC. Check the NCL site, that's where I looked. Plus they gave you excellent choice for either a $50 bucks excursion for each port visited(4 max). I forgot what the other choices were. Its an amazing deal for 10 days, unfortunately I checked the roll call for this sailing they have solo/single people in their 30s-40s as of yet.

That is my concern with a 10 day, I would think it would draw a lot of older people just because they can get the time off of work. That is Thanksgiving week, so it may free up some schedules. I usually book last minute, but that is a really good deal.

I don't have a problem with older crowd as long as there are a few my age to get together and do some activities with such as dancing, karaoke, etc. I actually usually also do last minute, but what I have noticed with last minute is that they mostly offer guarantees and if you want to pick your room its more money, plus not many rooms to chose from.

I have to really look into that deal. I have a future cruise voucher with NCL, and at that price it would probably cost me more to stay at home for ten days. The parking in NYC will cost more than the cruise.

Yes Parking in NYC is always high, maybe a car service is cheaper?

That's great. I'm about 90% certain. I just need to make sure some work stuff will be covered. I'll have to check with my TA. I just got some extra OBC on my cruise on the Carnival Pride next month through them. I'm thinking of booking a balcony. You get the beverage package for free with that. I really appreciate you pointing this cruise out. I would have ended up doing the Florida/Nassau thing again on the Breakaway. I'm tired of that, and I really like St. Thomas and San Juan.

That's great. I'm about 90% certain. I just need to make sure some work stuff will be covered. I'll have to check with my TA. I just got some extra OBC on my cruise on the Carnival Pride next month through them. I'm thinking of booking a balcony. You get the beverage package for free with that. I really appreciate you pointing this cruise out. I would have ended up doing the Florida/Nassau thing again on the Breakaway. I'm tired of that, and I really like St. Thomas and San Juan.

My favorites are St. Marten and St. Thomas, the beaches are incredible at those places. Even though I cant swim I still really appreciate the cristal clear waters. I never been to Tortola so that will be something new.

My favorites are St. Marten and St. Thomas, the beaches are incredible at those places. Even though I cant swim I still really appreciate the cristal clear waters. I never been to Tortola so that will be something new.

I've never been to St. Maarten, but always wanted to go to that beach there that the planes fly right over. Don't know if that's near the port.

I've never been to St. Maarten, but always wanted to go to that beach there that the planes fly right over. Don't know if that's near the port.

Oh yes I know exactly what you are talking about, I never been to that beach, I was thinking of going to either that one or Orient Beach.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm from Philadelphia

Oh ok, I am in NY.

I don't even bother with Royal Caribbean, they usually charge double even triple sometimes for solos. They never have good deals. The NCL Gem has no single supplement. Supper cheap. For a 10 day cruise its $699, but I am sure it will go down even lower.