2-3 Carnival cruises. Too much?

sayaguru

Hi, I have never cruised Carnival before but have booked 2 Carnival cruises.

We are now considering doing another Carnival cruise before the Miami one. It will be on Glory thus making the first one a B2B.

The ports on the first one are

Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

The one booked already are-

Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman

As I am new to Carnival I am concerned that it may be too much?? Is that too much of the same type of port? I have only just started researching and don't know anything about this area.

We are not fussy as far as ships go so not too worried about that. As long as the food and service are good we are happy. I'm pretty busy at work so cruising is the easy option. It takes me many months to plan land based tours.

I think I'm getting addicted to cruising. :D

We are now considering doing another Carnival cruise before the Miami one. It will be on Glory thus making the first one a B2B.

As I am new to Carnival I am concerned that it may be too much?? Is that too much of the same type of port? I have only just started researching and don't know anything about this area.

We are not fussy as far as ships go so not too worried about that. As long as the food and service are good we are happy. I'm pretty busy at work so cruising is the easy option. It takes me many months to plan land based tours.

Too much of what, cruising? My wife and I love to cruise as well as do land vacations. If you enjoy cruising, than a B2B won't be cause for a problem. And in regards to the ports, each one has its own uniqueness. Take the time to decide what you want to do in each one. I am sure you will enjoy the time spent.

Are we to assume you've cruised before (since you say it's your first on Carnival) or is it your first time ever?

I don't think it's too much, particularly if you're a beach lover. At least the ports aren't repeated, and there are different things to do and see on each.

That said, after an 7 or 8-day Caribbean cruise (anywhere), I'm Caribbean'd out. But then, we aren't really beachy people and just want to see as much culture and history, flora, fauna, and geography as we can. Oh, and the random ATV adventure. Last one was in Grand Turk. Great fun getting really, really muddy! Hubby's a pro at making the biggest splash! More mud, more fun!

Edited by srlafleur

We did a b2b last year and loved it. Nassau,St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and then Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Loved both east and west for different reasons. West we did more activities and the east more beaches and shopping. We didn't get bored and came home very relaxed. The extra week gave us the opportunity to slow down instead of feeling like we had to cram all the activities in a short time. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by comefromaway1999

It's your money, your vacation, and most importantly, your life! Live it how you want. If this is something you want to do, do it. I have never been on a cruise before, but I have two booked currently. One for this year, and one for next year. My husband and I have decided that we don't travel enough. And now that my son is 18, we get the privilege of being able to travel whenever and wherever we choose. Anyway, have fun and enjoy your cruises!

I am jealous! Would love to to B2B in the Caribbean - there is nothing like white sand and turquoise seas with a frosty "boat drink" to make you just relax! And since all are different ports there are different things to do even if you aren't "beachy" people. I would do it in a heart beat! Enjoy!

Judging by your post count Im thinking you have cruised before.

Since this is your first CCL cruise I would wait to book a 3rd.

I mean, whats the rush in booking a 3rd so quick?

CCL has plenty of ships waiting for you :)

Since you are flying all the way from Australia,I can see why you would want to get in as many cruises as possible.

You could also look at another line to add on to the front or back of your 2 Carnival cruises as a change of pace.

The ports look great, so no issues there. Could do without Grand Turk, but the rest are all unique in their own ways. Grand Turk isn't bad... just nothing special in my mind. Half Moon Cay is a gorgeous beach...

I would love your itinerary, but I know I like Carnival. In your case, it's a valid question wondering if you'll also like it. Having done many lines like you have, I can say without a doubt that there are differences between the cruise lines. No way to know for sure if you'll like them or not.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to book multiple cruises on a line that I've not cruised before. I've never had a cruise, regardless of line, that I didn't love. If you're the same way, I think you'll be fine.

Thank you so much for all the replies.

My previous cruises are listed at the bottom of my posts with which ship and where I have cruised before. You'll notice the frequency increases with each year. :D

I'm addicted to travelling and do land based tours as well.

We have 6 weeks and have booked the last 3 weeks. We have 3 weeks at the beginning to book. If I had my way I'd do a land based trip around Cuba etc but hubby isn't interested. He only wants to cruise. Hence my looking at the extra cruise beforehand.

The only cruise that we weren't happy with was MSC Magnifica but the itinerary was great and we met some great people. We are pretty easy going but the food and service was very poor. I'm sure we'll be happy with Carnival. If the food and cocktails are good, I'll manage. ;) We are 2 weeks into winter which is making these cruises sound VERY appealing. I was originally looking at a Canada/Alaska cruise tour first. So much choice!!

I think we'll go for it even though hubby isn't a real beachy type. I travel by myself at least once a year to go to the places he won't go to. So I'm lucky that way.

It's somewhere new, which is what I want. So now for the first 2 weeks?? Hubby would like to go to Vegas. mmm

Edited by sayaguru

You ask if it will be too much.

Not sure if you mean too much cruising or too much I'm not sure what.

But honestly, those are all different ports and that's a great B2B. I would love to do that B2B. The perfect b2b to me would be one were you don't repeat a port and that's exactly what you have got there. They are all unique places and without knowing your likes and dislikes I'm not sure what to suggest you to do there, but you can easily find excursions, shopping, or a beach day in almost all of those ports. They all have great things to do!

I have learned that even though we are beach and water people, We don't want to do that every single port. I list the ports and what we are doing at each port to make sure we have variety.

Assuming you will be flying to west coast, have you considered getting to FL for your Caribbean cruises by cruising San Diego to FLL via the Panama Canal?

Thanks again. I guess by too much was the fact that it would be more beaches and also 3 cruises on Carnival (an unknown line).

But thanks to all who mentioned the different ports. I have read some more and agree that the ports do sound wonderful, and different to what we have experienced before.

Wayfairers. We were thinking of flying into the West Coast but may fly into Dallas, Texas. If we book the other cruise we have 2 weeks to fill beforehand.

So depends what we decide to do first.

I couldn't see any Panama Canal cruises that fitted. We do want to do that though. Maybe next year.

I need to retire so I have time to go to all the places on my list. :D