Price reduction

buffery

I have booked a cruise on Ventura over Christmas and is now reduced is there

any chance i could get a discount or more obc. I have managed it with

Celebriity who were happy to oblige! I booked on a select fare.

...like everyone else on here, I will say you can try....but your expectation should be zilch! As I have been told...if you were happy with the price when you booked it, don't look back! (...but most of us do...:o)

The only thing you can really hope for is an upgrade of some kind if you are very lucky.

Agree with mystical mother.

You can ask very very nicely, but fully expect them to say no.

Somebody likened purchasing a cruise recently to purchasing shares.

The prices can go up and down.

For future ref if price is of concern, then the nearer to sailing date the prices will drop. However booking then is under different T and C. Also the grade you want maybe sold out.

I notice its a Christmas cruise. They do tend to sell out, so if you did hold out, its possible you would not be cruising at all.

I personally never discuss with anyone else on a cruise how much I have paid, so I take it as read that people would have paid less than me. However how much I wouldn't know. That topic is very boring.

However booking then is under different T and C.

Not necessarily the case this year. I have just booked Select for January 2016 and got my choice of cabin, choice of dining and all the usual bells and whistles of Select, but with a rather handy £215pp on board spend plus the Select price has been reduced. The bottom line is that I got my choice of balcony cabin, not the bottom grade, for 14 nights at £879 per person, a few quid cheaper than the Saver price.:D

Each year the offers differ and this year they're bringing down some of the Select prices, plus giving decent on board credit - one can only pity anyone new to this game:eek:.

Edited by AnnieC

Not necessarily the case this year. I have just booked Select for January 2016 and got my choice of cabin, choice of dining and all the usual bells and whistles of Select, but with a rather handy £215pp on board spend plus the Select price has been reduced. The bottom line is that I got my choice of balcony cabin, not the bottom grade, for 14 nights at £879 per person, a few quid cheaper than the Saver price.:D

Each year the offers differ and this year they're bringing down some of the Select prices, plus giving decent on board credit - one can only pity anyone new to this game:eek:.

Wow that's a great deal for £879

Wow that's a great deal for £879

Just to be clear, that is the bottom line, ie takes into account the OBS. However, the online price of a saver balcony guarantee is currently £899 (Ventura, 2 January). My net price of £879 is for a C Deck balcony, not the lowest grade, and includes a small (4%) travel agent discount.

Fluid pricing is interesting though. our cruise next year (2016) has now gone up by £500 pp for an inside cabin. We got an incredible deal - 19 days at £1240. It's now £1749. So obviously this particular cruise is popular.

Our cruise this year on the same ship in September came down from the price we paid by £400 pp but we have been upgraded so quite happy.

I have booked a cruise on Ventura over Christmas and is now reduced is there

any chance i could get a discount or more obc. I have managed it with

Celebriity who were happy to oblige! I booked on a select fare.

There is absolutely no harm in asking. However, I recently contacted P&O as the price of our category of cabin had reduced by £340 since we booked last September. Unfortunately, they were unwilling to offer any sort of refund or onboard credit or even to give us a free meal in the Epicurean. I guess, as somebody else has said, it's a risk you take for booking early. It certainly will not spoil our holiday, as no matter what we pay, we thoroughly enjoy our cruises.

There is absolutely no harm in asking. However, I recently contacted P&O as the price of our category of cabin had reduced by £340 since we booked last September. Unfortunately, they were unwilling to offer any sort of refund or onboard credit or even to give us a free meal in the Epicurean. I guess, as somebody else has said, it's a risk you take for booking early. It certainly will not spoil our holiday, as no matter what we pay, we thoroughly enjoy our cruises.

....and that is exactly the way to think.