Taxi prices

New2cruise1483

We are cruising out of San Juan in September, and staying at the Embassy Suites. Can anybody tell me the cost of a cab from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pan am pier please? Thanks in advance

to the hotel $11

hotel to pier about $24

this includes a 15% tip

There will be three of us, and I'm not sure how many pieces of luggage there will be.

Taxis are easy enough to get. Since you are 3 a private pickup starts to become worth it. I have seen them for about $45-50.00

• 4 weeks later...

You can also rent a car at the airport for fairly cheap. $40-$50 for a small car from enterprise and if you have loyalty accounts with a car rental place you can probably get it even cheaper. This way you can come and go as much as you want without feeling like you can't go back and forth to old San Juan just because of cab fare. Parking at embassy suites is $18/night, and a can will have to be taken from the airport to the pier for whoever drops off the car (so add in another $20 or $25). But all this accounted for, it will be $80 plus gas for a car, and you can go back and forth to old San Juan, the forts, the rainforest, the store etc. Whereas for $80 in cab fare you can get to your hotel, to old San Juan and back only once, and to the cruise terminal, and that's it. If that's all you think you'll do anyway, take cabs. Otherwise, rent a car.

Edited by ColoradoGurl