Visa for Turkey

Hi we are thinking of doing a cruise from Marmaris but want to check whether a visa is needed for definate or not.

Does anyone know for sure please?

Thank you

YES you do, you do it online now on the OFFICIAL goverment visa site, dont get stung by any of the scam sites that charge you more.

From the Turkish Embassy website:

For cruise passengers: Those cruise passengers coming to a Turkish port of call by a cruise ship and thereafter leave Turkey by the same cruise ship for another country, are exempt from visa for a maximum period of 72 hours (with the permission given by the local security authorities).

The passengers of cruise ships are allowed to enter and stay overnight in the port cities of Turkey upon the permission given by local border police authorities. These passengers are not required to obtain an entry visa to Turkey.

From the Turkish Embassy website:

For cruise passengers: Those cruise passengers coming to a Turkish port of call by a cruise ship and thereafter leave Turkey by the same cruise ship for another country, are exempt from visa for a maximum period of 72 hours (with the permission given by the local security authorities).

The passengers of cruise ships are allowed to enter and stay overnight in the port cities of Turkey upon the permission given by local border police authorities. These passengers are not required to obtain an entry visa to Turkey.

afaik? turkey visa rules have changed this year........ the above applies to those arriving on board a cruise ship, visiting for just one day and leaving onboard a cruise ship (no visa required)

however.....you will need a visa if you are arriving in turkey on an aircraft....ie dalaman (even if you are going straight to the ship and leaving on the ship that night)

Yes ,we were recently on cruise and you need a visa to get in and keep to leave . You get it on line official site and can print out about 10 pounds each . Lovely cruise !!!

I will need to check this as we were told last year when we booked that we did not need one. Can you get it asyou enter? Do you still needa £10.00 note? Will I get a stampin my passport? I am stampless at the moment. My last onehad a few.

You can get when you enter but I think more expensive and a queue . We paid on line with nationwide card in dollars ,converted to approx 10 pounds . You could get from travel agent but we booked on line .immigration stamped passport in and out of dalaman airport .

rules have changed this year.... previously people heading for cruise ships were classed as in transit and didnt need a isa (there was cruise ship channel at dalaman airport for cruise pax)

but that has changed now...... all arrivals need a visa (unless they are arriving for a port of call on a cruise ship and leaving same day)

its £20 if you buy one on arrival at the airport (and queues....often their computer systems are down)

if you get an evisa online before you go its $20 (about £14) take a paper copy with you....as often their systems are down

We returned this Monday from a week's cruise on the Spirit. You definitely need a visa if you are flying into or out of Turkey. Best to get the visa online before you go, and make sure you use the official site. The transit arrangement for cruise passengers ended last year

We are on the Spitit in three weeks, can you let us know what you thought of the food and entertainment

We have been on the Spirit several times and really enjoyed everything BUT the last time thought the foof was not as good

Would appreciate your thoughts on this

Thankyou

Entertainment great show team work so hard . We enjoyed food in mdr at night prob has deteriorated if comparing 10 years ago but plenty of choice and improved since on majesty 3 years ago . We enjoyed lido for breakfast .never went to speciality restaurant the waiters and wine waiters fantastic and very friendly .we sat different table every night and made great friends ! It's not maybe "cordon bleu but far better than home !!!!

Having finalised our booking for this coming Mondays trip on Spirit part of the Thomsons online registration process directed us to the visa website. For both of us it came to a fraction over 20dollars.

For that sum you get something like 90 days use - not that it makes much odds.

Edited by Tarquin

the evisa is a multiple entry visa valid for 180 days with a maximum stay of 90 days (within the 180 day period)

for an online evisa they charge a 70 cent fee (on top of the $20 pp fee for the visa) and your bank may make a foreign card purchase fee (natwest charged me £1) bank exchange rates change daily……last week our evisas cost £14.57 each

Hi Tarquin, Iv'e just applied for 2 visa's and it was $20 each + $0.70 administration.

Just warning that I would check if they have issued you 2 or only 1.

Have a great cruise,

Rick.

Excellent point WeCountryMan we should all take note ☺☺

We've used the official evisa site twice in the last 18 months or so - very straightforward.

I was under the impression that the Turkish government intended to do away with the "pay as you arrive" visa procedure at the point of entry, however that seems to be still in place.

If Turkey does join the EU then it'll be irrelevant and academic for us.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Here's the up-to-date entry requirements page from the FCO Travel Advice for Turkey...

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

It's important to make a note of the Passport validity requirements as well as the e-visa procedure...

Quote: "Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least 3 months validity from the date you leave Turkey.

From 1 January 2015, when you enter Turkey your passport must also have at least 60 days validity beyond the expiry date of your visa or residence permit."

"Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least 3 months validity from the date you leave Turkey.

From 1 January 2015, when you enter Turkey your passport must also have at least 60 days validity beyond the expiry date of your visa or residence permit."

Sounds like a maths exam question !!!

With a supplementary calculation set Geomagot.

the evisa is a multiple entry visa valid for 180 days with a maximum stay of 90 days (within the 180 day period)
Please show any working out in the margin !!! Edited by WeeCountyMan

Sounds like a maths exam question !!!

I see no question marks. Those are the current rules!:)

If you have a look at the Thomson or TC websites ref Passport requirements for entry into Turkey, it's spelt out exactly as it is on the FCO Travel Advice that I quoted above.

I see no question marks. Those are the current rules!:)

If you have a look at the Thomson or TC websites ref Passport requirements for entry into Turkey, it's spelt out exactly as it is on the FCO Travel Advice that I quoted above.

Hi, I wasn't questioning the advice you posted.

The only question marks are the ones coming out of my head - attempting to work out permutations of these passport validity conditions to be satisfied.