Carnival Cruise Master Card

Max49

Actually I use my card a lot. For Carnival purchases I receive double points so I always use it when on a cruise and to pay for the cruise. Then of course I get single points for each dollar spent elsewhere. It adds up. I haven't really found any cards that don't charge huge yearly fees that give 3 to 5 percent cash back. I guess if you're sure of using it often enough to earn back the annual fees then it's a good deal to go with one of those.

I don't know that there is a card that always gets 3-5%. You need a number of different cards to get that type of return. Then you have to remember which one to use. Like maybe, put a little sticker on the back of your wifes credit cards :)

But depending on what you spend the Capital One Venture is another option (besides Barclay World MasterCard). It's only $59 and you get double points (2%) on everything.

So if you put more than $5900 on your card the CapOne *may* be a better option than the Carnival card.

A few things that may benefit the Carnival card is if you put a purchase of $1500 or more, you'd get 1.5% back.

Also, there are occasional gift card bonuses on Carnival site where you'd save another 10% on top of the 10% gift card savings. promo Those aren't common but given the fact the Carnival card has a $0 annual fee, it's a good card to at least keep in your sock drawer.

Edited by fuddrules

I stopped using my points for OBCs when I realized that you get double points for Carnival purchases and then double again if I use my points to pay off my S&S when my statement comes through.

Also if you are an online shopper, use the Boost section on your Barclay site and get up to 12X on purchases made the vendors listed.

I have a Princess card too (also Barclay) and it doesn't offer either of these options.

I have Carnival Master Card and I have received $1500.00 credit using 100,000 points. It has paid for my whole cruise twice. The secret to getting more for your points is to wait till you have the magic number (100,000). I know that is a lot of points, but I charge everything on that card and you would be surprised at how fast the points pile up. I charged a used car on it for $16,000 instead of paying cash and when the bill came in, I paid it off. I never keep a balance.

AHOY SHIPMATE,............Congrats, your doing great.

We cruise a lot and also have the VISA Holland America card.

I let them accrue to 135,0000 pts., then cash in for $2,000.

So far we have rec'd $6,000. and over $2500. for owning Carnival stock.

We have never paid a penny interest on any of our credit cards.

Your right. It works for us too.