All Freedom of the Seas Related - Info Needed

We've been twice on FOS previously, but not since she had her "face lift." We will be sailing on her again in a couple of weeks and we're very excited. What changes did they make to her? We have chosen the late dining for the first time ever. I'm not sure if we will like waiting until so late to eat, but we have my 21 year old Grandson and a friend along and we want to avoid rushing them and they are going to join us for dinner. Anyone know the hours the WJ is open for dinner? I might have to have a salad and a new nibbles to hold me over until late dining..lol, and yes, I know the Promenade Cafe and Sorrento's will be open. We might just try hitting the DL and see if that works, but wanted to know if a quick nosh in the WJ was a possibility.

We've been twice on FOS previously, but not since she had her "face lift." We will be sailing on her again in a couple of weeks and we're very excited. What changes did they make to her? We have chosen the late dining for the first time ever. I'm not sure if we will like waiting until so late to eat, but we have my 21 year old Grandson and a friend along and we want to avoid rushing them and they are going to join us for dinner. Anyone know the hours the WJ is open for dinner? I might have to have a salad and a new nibbles to hold me over until late dining..lol, and yes, I know the Promenade Cafe and Sorrento's will be open. We might just try hitting the DL and see if that works, but wanted to know if a quick nosh in the WJ was a possibility.

Added staterooms to deck 12 forward, and deck 3. Nightclub changed to staterooms and the Sabor restaurant. Portofino changed to Giovanni's Table.

The Windjammer hours can vary, see the Cruise Compass for each day's schedule.

I posted this as a new thread but maybe I should have just asked it here....have they added a tapas menu at Vintages, similar to the Oasis/Allure? We were on Freedom in 2012 and no tapas were available....thanks😀

We just tried Giovanni's on Adventure last month, and like you, we really liked both the food and the service. I'd definitely eat there again on Freedom. Now as for Chops, we ate there a couple of years ago on Enchantment and loved it. The steak, baked potato (which I hear isn't served any longer), and vegetable was awesome. I've heard from tons of folks on CC however, that the quality of the meals there have changed. I'm willing to try them out again on Freedom and weigh it out for myself. I have to say though, I can't deal with a steak served with tater tots...:confused:

We were on Freedom April 26-May 2. We ate at Chops twice. We enjoyed it both times. The tater tots do leave something to be desired though. We did get a baked potato and it was great.

If you go to Chops, see if you can request a server named Rasit. He is so friendly and truly amazing. He convinced us to come back the second time and took 30% off our meal. He will truly make your experience worthwhile.

There was also a great server in the Schooner Bar named Valery. He always had a smile on his face. We loved all of the servers in the Bull & Bear Tavern. Unfortunately I cannot remember their names.

We are a couple in our 40's/50's no kids. We mainly enjoyed just being able to relax and read- get up when we wanted to, hang out wherever, drink a few drinks and have some good meals.

If you happen to be on the bottom floor dining room- I think Isaac. If you have a waiter or assistant waiter named Donovan, you are in for great service and a really nice guy. We love Donovan. We met him on the Mariner in 2008 and saw him on Freedom when were on at the end of April.

Whatever you do, enjoy. Everyone has different opinions.

Special things about the ship? It's a great ship. Try it all. You can't go wrong.

We were on the Freedom a couple months ago, and she is a beautiful ship. One thing I liked to do was just sit outside the Bull & Bear, have a few beers and people watch. Usually did this after we returned from the port, and watched people walk by with their souvenir hats, shirts, etc. Sometimes you forget your on a ship.

Another thing we liked was how the crew would do anything in their power to help you. It truly amazes me how they can be so positive and out going week after week with barely a break.

You'll have a great time on her. Your one regret will be that you wont be able to do everything. But that is just an excuse to cruise on her again.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

My wife and I did the same thing. Having a beer and people watching at the pub. What a great way to put in some time.

there was a bit discussed about 'ultimate' dining being offered on FotS. Is it still offered? Is it available only on board or can we pre-order?

Thanks,

Dan

There is no ultimate dyning on FOS. Not sure what that is. Are you talking about Dynamic dining?

Are you talking about the deal where you can eat in ny specialty restraunt each night for $20? Right now you can pay $20 a nite for a specialty restraunt if you book it for the entire cruise. If i remember correctly you have to do this for at the minimum 6 nights. So you can book this option either day 1 or 2 of the cruise only. Hope this is what you were asking.

For the past 2 weeks windjammer has been open every night from 6pm to9pm. This is for the easter and western caribbean itineraries.

Are you talking about the deal where you can eat in ny specialty restraunt each night for $20? Right now you can pay $20 a nite for a specialty restraunt if you book it for the entire cruise. If i remember correctly you have to do this for at the minimum 6 nights. So you can book this option either day 1 or 2 of the cruise only. Hope this is what you were asking.

Yes; that is it. I don't see it as an option via the cruise planner so is it safe to assume it is available once on board? My wife and I did this on a Celebrity cruise in November 2014 and really enjoyed it. We are taking a family cruise this coming October on Freedom and were looking for a similar option.

Where do you go for the muster drill in the freedom??? Do they have it in the lounges or beside the life boats??

Mostly on deck 4, outside, under the lifeboats. Some are inside in lounges.

Yes; that is it. I don't see it as an option via the cruise planner so is it safe to assume it is available once on board? My wife and I did this on a Celebrity cruise in November 2014 and really enjoyed it. We are taking a family cruise this coming October on Freedom and were looking for a similar option.

Yep was available these past 2 weeks on freedom. Believe i read about in the insert of the compass. I met a couple that did this for all seven nights and they loved it. Any restraunt except the mystery dinner. We went to giovannis one night and i can say food and service was excellent. Just got off freedom and miss her and the crew already.

Added staterooms to deck 12 forward, and deck 3. Nightclub changed to staterooms and the Sabor restaurant. Portofino changed to Giovanni's Table.

The Windjammer hours can vary, see the Cruise Compass for each day's schedule.

Anyone know which staterooms were added to deck three?

We sailed on FOS this past October for our first, and so far only, cruise.

I might have to have a salad and a new nibbles to hold me over until late dining..lol, and yes, I know the Promenade Cafe and Sorrento's will be open. We might just try hitting the DL and see if that works, but wanted to know if a quick nosh in the WJ was a possibility.
After reading here, I discovered the joy of late afternoon nachos from WJ. Made a plate of chips with tacos toppings. Took it to our balcony and enjoyed with an adult beverage.

Where do you go for the muster drill in the freedom??? Do they have it in the lounges or beside the life boats??
Ours met in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise.

Has anyone who's done the Western Caribbean leg of FOS had any success snagging one of the cabanas on Labadee? I loved the cabanas on Coco Cay, but not sure whether it's a different process at the Labadee stop.

Has anyone who's done the Western Caribbean leg of FOS had any success snagging one of the cabanas on Labadee? I loved the cabanas on Coco Cay, but not sure whether it's a different process at the Labadee stop.

I believe they are held for suite guests first. Once you get on board, you can make the mad dash to guest services to try and reserve one.

We reserved one by booking through the excursions. You can't pick the cabana but can make the reservation. This was about 2 years ago so something may have changed.

We reserved one by booking through the excursions. You can't pick the cabana but can make the reservation. This was about 2 years ago so something may have changed.

I remember doing an Olympic sprint to the Enchantment's Guest Services/Excursions Desk to reserve the Coco Cay cabana. What was nice was when they notified us that we could reserve the cabana, we were shown a map of the available facilities. Sure would be nice if I could select mine...

We did for a trip last June. We booked the trip in January, there was still cabanas available on Nellie's beach, so we booked one.

I understand Royal may have changed the process and require people to book on board, but I'm not positive. I don't understand the justification for doing that however.