Questions????

Just off Jewel. The machines had no slots for coins, just bills or tickets.

Same for Brilliance.. :) I think most ships are this way.. bills or tickets only, which, in my opinion, is much better than handling all those dirty coins! ;)

Sorry to hijack but I will be on Liberty in February. Does the spa offer day passes? Can we use the sauna and/or showers for free?

On my first cruise, I saw a lot of girls wearing sparkly lanyards and I thought they were so cute!

Enjoy your cruise OP and be sure to write a trip report! :)

Sauna, steam room, and showers are free.

I believe DCL gives you those as part of their Castaway club. I don't think you get those on your first cruise.

Adventure Ocean gives the kids lanyards as part of their welcome gift (might just be for C&A members) - but the clasp is not very good. I've had to tie ours in knots because they were always coming undone.

On X, I saw some beautiful (necklace style) lanyards. THey were pricy though. I think I will hijack one of my neclaces and put a key ring on it, so that a sea pass can be threaded through. Much nicer than the rest of my dollar-store variety lanyards.

I carry a dinner purse with me in the evening but no purse during the day which makes a lanyard (or pockets) a necessity.

I don't know why people get so bothered by them. it also makes it easy to hang all the seapasses together as soon as we enter the cabin.

I use one of these in clear. I got mine at Wal-Mart years and years ago before our first cruise. The one I got at Wal-Mart has a clip instead of being one continuous loop so that we are able to use it around our wrist or clip it to something.

http://www.amazon.com/Marrywindix-Outdoor-Plastic-Wrist-Random/dp/B00O7AN7YA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1434035956&sr=8-9&keywords=wrist+coil+keychain

41St2nGVxXL.jpg

Lanyards are not provided, because it makes you look like a conventioneer.....how do you carry your room key in a hotel? Do the same on a ship!

In a hotel most likely one is wearing clothes with pockets or carrying a purse of some sort...not so on a cruise. Bring your own lanyard so you won't have the added expense of buying them. I like to use a type of plastic ID case on a cord around the neck that we use at work. I have a lot of them for all of my traveling companions.

If I was staying in a hotel, the room key would be in my purse.

I usually have my sea pass card on a lanyard because I don't carry a purse around with me all day on the ship :rolleyes:

I got my first RCI lanyard by earning "shipshape dollars" for participating in fitness activities on board. Oh, how I miss that program :(

I'm still wearing my "shipshape t-shirts" and I miss that program too!

I, too, always have my SeaPass card on my lanyard after having guest services punch a hole in it.