Tranfer between Vancouver pier and Seattle Airport

Knolmom

Can anyone tell me the travel time between the Vancouver pier and the Seattle Airport. Do folks fly to Seattle and transfer to Vancouver and how it is done. Also, can you suggest what time flight from Seattle should leave after AM docking in Vancouver?

I have only flown out of Vancouver airport and would not book a flight before noon from there after a cruise. Depending on what time you disembark, it can take at least 3-4 hours to get to SeaTac, then plan on a two hour window before your flight leaves. So, if you get off your ship by 9am, I would not book a flight before 3pm.

There are a lot of people who do this, as the airfare from YVR to most American cities can be quite a bit more expensive. Before you book RT air out of Seattle, make sure you are saving a bundle of cash to go through the hassle of travelling each way. The border crossing can be pretty bad, especially on cruise days. Since transportation to Seattle usually costs around $40 or more per person each way, for myself I would have to save over $100 per person above that amount to make it worth my while.

For better advise, check on the Alaska Ports of Call Board, many people have travelled this way and can give you other options, such as bus, rental car, trains.

Archived