Aft cabins on Disney Wonder

crzn4fun

We have stayed in aft cabins 6 times. I dont know that they are more sought after. I cant really compare them because we always seem to get there.

But what we do like about them is you can go straight up the stairs or elevator and get to the buffet, the drink station and kiddie pool, as they are all at that end. Very convenient. Also the entrance for the so called secret deck on deck 7 is at that end of the ship. It's so nice and quiet out there.

We are at the aft end of the ship again this december, although we would love it anywhere I'm sure.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the reply, Momx4. What I really need to know is whether the cabins at the very back of the ship are as great as those at the back of other cruise lines. We have cabins along the entire back of the ship on the NCL Pride of America. Those cabins have larger decks and the view is great since the look over the ocean where you have been. On the DCL ships, there are not many cabins on the back side. There is something in the middle. I am guessing that the "something" on deck 7 is the "secret verandah". I was trying to figure out if there would be more noise, motion, etc. at the very back versus other ships.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

The aft cabins are and are not preferred. They have the "solid" white steel balacony, not the plexiglass. So for this reason, many people choose not to pick these rooms. However; many have much larger balconies. The rooms are the same size just the balconies are different. Also there are a few handicapp acessible, oversized, very large, rooms located aft.

On our last cruise, on the wonder we had cabin #6152. This was a somewhat late booking, and I was very surprised to see it availble. I am sure it was cancelled. It is a cabin, that is on 6th deck right next to the HC cabin and has a very great veranndah. Great location, I would take it again in a second. We tried to get anything in that area on deck 5, 6, 7 for a cruise over a year from now and cannot. But all kind of availbity for midship. So I think the word about the solid white wall not being so bad, is out. :rolleyes:

Mky

mkymouse4ever:

Thanks for the reply. I have wondered whether the solid wall balconies were that much of a problem. I would love the extra space of the aft balcony and if the seaspray is as bad as some have indicated, the view would be partially obscured anyway.

Thanks again!

We didn't have any problem with seaspray. Only POWERWASH! They would powerwash topsiders in the morning, afternoon, nite. We first thought it was constantly raining? Then noted it was coming off the ship from above. Our balcony and chairs where in a constant state of wet. We finally caught on and would try to cover the chair or change position of furniture for the next wash to stay dry. :rolleyes:

mky!

Archived