uh oh.. didnt see wt limit change

okay, I read many reviews about the passion island excursion via twister boat. I read 300 lb wt limit. I just noticed that it says 240 lbs! I have a fella going with us who is prob around 270. And now im unsure how to approach this. The rest of us are well under the 240 wt limit but I don't want to get there and him be ashamed to be turned away so should we all just cx?

Anyone have experience with this????

I went on twister a couple of times, never saw anyone getting weighed... But it could be that the harnesses they use to hold you in are only so big, and with experience, they say 240# max... I go about 245, so if they weigh you now, I may be left behinfd

I would contact the company that runs the excursion directly. I had a concern once in regards to the weight limit on an excursion in Alaska, and it had more to do with the girth of a person than the actual weight so that eased my mind.

Personally I would not risk it. As the weight limit was disclosed in advance, if he gets turned away they could do so and offer no refund.

I'd also be concerned that if something happened, you would have no legal recourse against Carnival, and in some cases your own insurance would decline coverage because you did not abide by posted restrictions.

okay, I read many reviews about the passion island excursion via twister boat. I read 300 lb wt limit. I just noticed that it says 240 lbs! I have a fella going with us who is prob around 270. And now im unsure how to approach this. The rest of us are well under the 240 wt limit but I don't want to get there and him be ashamed to be turned away so should we all just cx?

Anyone have experience with this????

For our excursion booked through Carnival everyone was weighed at the port before the excursion left. Both my husband and I were obviously under the weight limit and we had to step on the scale. Even people who looked like they probably weighed 100 pounds were weighed.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I went on twister a couple of times, never saw anyone getting weighed... But it could be that the harnesses they use to hold you in are only so big, and with experience,

If this was Cozumel, same here.

Get off the boat, walk to the dock area by the Twister boats, wait, get a life jacket, sit down where they tell you, get strapped in, take off.

Edited by fuddrules

I've done this excursion twice, never saw anyone being weighed but I definitely think there could be an issue with the harness with larger people. But there is an excursion without the twister boat that goes to the same place, if some of your party wanted to opt for that.

I'm more inclined to view weight limits literally in regards to excursions in 3rd world countries.

^This. If they say 240.. I gotta think they *really* mean it. It is not some round number. 250 might mean 300+ but 240 means Two Hundred Forty. Its too specific to be a recommendation...

Sorry it is still unanswered..hope you find a way to keep everyone on a trip/excursion..but safe..I know you are trying not to have to hurt feelings or get into uncomfortable situatiion if you do not have to...

Brainstormnig who to call...the Tourist board of Cozumel?? Your lines tour seller..I guess I would really go with them..if they had taken this tour many times before with these people...The tour area board here of this port and excursion...

Maybe there can just be a rule and you lay it out and some can go the easier way and you meet up...a mixed tour?? As I understand can skip twister part??? Trying again here...not sure if first got bleeped or I goofed in posting..end of the day and back here......may have been more direct before..dealing with extra lbs here too and have empathy..but there are precautions for good reasons...that would be worse, someone falling out.....good luck..kind of you to do this for your group.

Go to cozumel water sports dot com for info. You have to book through the cruise line, but this may have the info you need.

You may have to contact them directly to get an accurate answer. DH & I have done the Twister once & loved it. We were not weighed, but that was years ago. All the other times that we have gone to Passion Island, we have done the catamaran. It's a little cheaper & we have friends with mobility issues. If your friend takes the catamaran, they will end up at the same beach, so y'all will be able to meet up. Don't let the word catamaran fool you, it is set up like a tender boat, not a party catamaran.

The catamarans come in on the beach/buffet side of the island. The twister boats come in on the opposite lagoon side. They have a photo stop, so you can ask your guide the best way to meet up with your friend if they take the catamaran. If you have spare time, I have pics on my page you can look at. I think we've been there 3 times.

Edited by dmdiver

Mexico is not a third-world country.

OP : Can you not talk to your friend about what is going on so he can let you know what his preference is? If you are worried about embarrassing him by bringing it up, I would seriously consider just cancelling. I can only imagine how someone would feel to arrive for the excursion just to be told sorry, not happening, and, since we told you of the weight restriction in advance, sorry, no refund.