Making reservations for the MDR ??

CanadaJulie

Hi all,

We are a group of 11 going on the BA this summer. Since getting a table for a group that large might be a decent wait, I was wondering about reservations ?

I see I can make reservations on NCL.com now for all restaurants (MDR and specialty) but I have no idea when we'll be ready to eat on a specific day. Can reservations be made for the MDR while on the ship ? I have downloaded the iconcierge app but of course it doesn't work until you are on the ship so I don't know if that will work for the MDR or just specialty restaurants.

Any ideas ?

Worst case, we have UBP so we can just hang out and have a drink until out table is ready...

Make a reservation for the first night. When you board, go to the MDR and talk to the Maitre'd. I suspect he will ask you to tell him each day when you will be at the MDR so he can plan ahead. The other thing, with a group this big, it might turn out that some people prefer to eat at different times and in different locations, so I wouldn't count on needing a table for 11 every night. The ONLY situation where everyone would be obliged to dine together would be if this is a company event. But for family, people will likely be on all kinds of different schedules. When we cruised with my inlaws, they preferred the buffet over any other dining venue. We preferred the MDR. So we let them eat where they wanted to and we ate where we wanted to and everybody was happy.

Our first night on Breakaway with a group of 10 had zero problems dining in the Manhattan Room (MDR) at 7:30pm with no reservations. We waited maybe 10 minutes (spent reading the menus and chatting) and were then seated all together at one table.

Have a great cruise.

~Robin

We were a group of 9 on the BA. We would call reservations in the morning and request a table for a specific time. There were some days that we changed our minds and I would call to either cancel or see if another time was available. No problems at all.

With so many people choosing the UDP, the MDR is not as crowded as it used to be.

That saying, the specialty restaurants are packed! It's very difficult to get a seat in SOME special restaurants at a decent hour. ( between 6-9)