Thrifty Rent A Car Halifax

trident one

How easy is it to get to Thrifty at the Westin from the port DH walks with a cane. Are taxis readily available at the port to take us there.

Was going to use Hertz at the port but, just found out they are not open on 7/13/15.

How easy is it to get to Thrifty at the Westin from the port DH walks with a cane. Are taxis readily available at the port to take us there.

Was going to use Hertz at the port but, just found out they are not open on 7/13/15.

I would say the walk is a short three blocks. Level sidewalks all the way.

It is best to enter the hotel from the rear door which is through the car park across from Pier 20. There are elevators at the end of the corridor to take you up one flight to the lobby level. That saves a lot of walking around to the main entrance which is up a fairly steep hill.

Thanks Rich,

I take it you have rented from them. We have never used Thrifty and was wondering how reliable they and their cars are.

It is best to enter the hotel from the rear door which is through the car park across from Pier 20. There are elevators at the end of the corridor to take you up one flight to the lobby level. That saves a lot of walking around to the main entrance which is up a fairly steep hill.

Thank You David,

I was hoping you could go in a back door. DH hasn't regained all his strength back from his heart valve replacement so a steep hill would not be good at this time.

I use google street view often, but it doesn't always go to where you need it the most, as in parking lots and the front or back of cruise terminals, etc..

Thanks Rich,

I take it you have rented from them. We have never used Thrifty and was wondering how reliable they and their cars are.

We rented from this same location back in October. The car was a Fiat 500 and practically brand new!

Thank You David,

I was hoping you could go in a back door. DH hasn't regained all his strength back from his heart valve replacement so a steep hill would not be good at this time.

I use google street view often, but it doesn't always go to where you need it the most, as in parking lots and the front or back of cruise terminals, etc..

It is quite steep; my wife doesn't like it. I have walked around the area many times. If you look at the earth view or satellite view on Google or Bing maps you can see the area clearly. You mentioned July 13th; according to the Port Authority the Veendam is the only ship in port and it will be at Pier 22. When you leave the terminal (it's more like a shopping mall:)) just turn right then cross the main street at the crosswalk just after the brewery on the left. The first car park is for the VIA Rail station and the second one is for the hotel. It doesn't matter which one you cut across as they are connected. The entrance to the hotel is at the far right of the parking area.

We rented from this same location back in October. The car was a Fiat 500 and practically brand new!

Thanks for your response. Hopefully you rented a sub compact or compact class. We are looking for a full size. Glad to know the Fiat was practically brand new, but we would be very disappointed if this was in the full size class.

It is quite steep; my wife doesn't like it. I have walked around the area many times. If you look at the earth view or satellite view on Google or Bing maps you can see the area clearly. You mentioned July 13th; according to the Port Authority the Veendam is the only ship in port and it will be at Pier 22. When you leave the terminal (it's more like a shopping mall:)) just turn right then cross the main street at the crosswalk just after the brewery on the left. The first car park is for the VIA Rail station and the second one is for the hotel. It doesn't matter which one you cut across as they are connected. The entrance to the hotel is at the far right of the parking area.

Thank you David,

Your instructions are what I needed to know. Quite sure this will be quicker than a cab up to the Marriott for Hertz.

I know we are quite lucky as the Veendam is the only ship in all of our ports including Quebec as of now. Should make renting a car easier. Maybe not in Quebec as the music festival (wasn't aware) will be taking place the weekend we are docked. Guess I didn't quite time this cruise correctly but, wanted the two stops in Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and the long time in Quebec.

Peg