What does your kids like to do onboard when the kids' program is closed

Cruisin' Chick

My DS will take some down time and watch TV, but he usually is just out playing with the other kids. He goes to the Arcade, pool, other cabin with friend in our group to play cards. He hangs out at the pool alot and the slide. Kids will need down time to just sit and hang out in the cabin. We get a Balcony so he has his own private area to sit and watch the sea go by. I also put together a week long scavenger hunt witch takes some time so they work on that too!

We took one of those small video games that hooks up to the TV (atari, sega etc). They are $20 at stores like Walmart and Target. My son played with it when we in the cabin. It gave him something to do for those "in between" times like when we were dressing for dinner or getting ready in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

My kids loved to go the the pool when the kids club was closed. You see many of the kids they have met form kids club so they have a great time playing together. We used that time together as a family and shared our day or what we want to do in the evening.

put-put golf, skating, swimming, reading, string figures, knitting, watch a DVD. On RCCI, the waterslide at Adventure Ocean is generally open times when the kids club is not - our DD NEVER misses an opp to go down the slide. We also do an all week long scavenger hunt, and I look for interesting things on board to give as a "daily bonus" - so she might be found counting the tiles with blue fish on them in a certain area, or going from artwork to artwork across the ship to look for the one by a particular artist or a particular year. She is never at a loss for things to do!

Archived