purchasing from fun shops

isladonna

Nothing shows under "my orders" on Carnival web site.

I purchased water, never received a confirmation, bank account debited.

ALso purchased gift card cash, received email confirmation, but neither are showing on "my orders".

Do I just trust I will get my water, since I have no confirmation? I printed the gift card email, just in case, but why bother with "my orders" if they don't show you "your orders"? :confused:

It doesn't show under "my orders", when I ordered water I wrote my email address and they sent me an email right away. Call them and it will get straightened out. Good luck!

Things that show up in "My Orders" are your shore excursions and spa treatments, purchased from Carnival. If you enter an email address in your fun shops purchase, you receive an itemized statement right away. I just pack that with my other papers for the cruise so I will have it if there is a problem.

Nothing shows under "my orders" on Carnival web site.

I purchased water, never received a confirmation, bank account debited.

ALso purchased gift card cash, received email confirmation, but neither are showing on "my orders".

Do I just trust I will get my water, since I have no confirmation? I printed the gift card email, just in case, but why bother with "my orders" if they don't show you "your orders"? :confused:

I've always received an email confirmation with the order # and summary of what was bought from the fun shop with the charges.

You should consider calling Carnival Fun Shop direct to straighten out your situation - 1-800-522-7648. Good Luck.

UIf I order from Fun shops online, I always get the email, and then print it off, just in case I have issues onboard. Thankfully, I haven't needed them yet...

I do this also. Also, cruise cash will not show up on your cruise docs but will be on your folio when you board.

I've always felt the reason they don't show up is that this program was originally designed as a way for others (those not traveling with you) to send you a gift onboard.

Most people used to cruise for an event (birthday, anniversary, retirement, etc.) and it was offered so that you could purchase them a "surprise" while they were on their cruise. I don't think it was designed to be what it has become - a way to pre-purchase your liquor, water, soda. Bon Voyage translates into "have a pleasant journey" and years ago when it was introduced it was not for us to purchase things for us.

I would expect that in the future the option to see what you have purchased be available on the Bon Voyage website as they transition us to pre purchasing more and more of our own items, but why would you really want to know that somebody got you an anniversary cake as a surprise right on your booking. That sort of takes away most of the element of surprise!