Turner Classic Movies Disney Cruise 2015

FoghornLeghorn

We're booked on the November 1 - 6, 2015 Disney Magic cruise, which is the Turner Classic Movie charter......anyone else??

Has anyone done these cruises before and could elaborate on how much of the Disney shows, etc, are still done?

I'm not sure whether to start a Roll Call for this cruise.

We're booked on the November 1 - 6, 2015 Disney Magic cruise, which is the Turner Classic Movie charter......anyone else??

Has anyone done these cruises before and could elaborate on how much of the Disney shows, etc, are still done?

I'm not sure whether to start a Roll Call for this cruise.

My husband, my son, and I are going on this cruise. We are so excited as this cruise was on our bucket list. Never been on this TCM event before, or Disney Cruise either, so it's all new to us. We pre-registered and were able to get an oceanview on deck 2. Within 2 weeks it was sold out! If you figure out how to do the roll call, we're in! TCM is working on blocking hotel rooms in Miami precruise so some of us can get acquainted if so inclined.

My husband, my son, and I are going on this cruise. We are so excited as this cruise was on our bucket list. Never been on this TCM event before, or Disney Cruise either, so it's all new to us. We pre-registered and were able to get an oceanview on deck 2. Within 2 weeks it was sold out! If you figure out how to do the roll call, we're in! TCM is working on blocking hotel rooms in Miami precruise so some of us can get acquainted if so inclined.

WOW! So glad to find someone else that is going. :)

We went ahead and booked a pre-cruise hotel.

We're waiting to see what TCM comes up with and what kind of transfers they offer through Disney on their Hotel packages.

Still waiting to see who the Special Guests are this year.

Was on our Bucket List, too. And we love Disney ships, so we were glad we got booked on this cruise.

I'll see if there are any more that are going on CC before I make a roll call thread.

WOW! So glad to find someone else that is going. :)

We went ahead and booked a pre-cruise hotel.

We're waiting to see what TCM comes up with and what kind of transfers they offer through Disney on their Hotel packages.

Still waiting to see who the Special Guests are this year.

Was on our Bucket List, too. And we love Disney ships, so we were glad we got booked on this cruise.

I'll see if there are any more that are going on CC before I make a roll call thread.

We went ahead and reserved several hotels! Can't make up our mind since there are several neighborhoods in the Miami area we like to visit (we live in FL but son flying in to MIA from TN). If TCM offers a deal we like on hotel we'll cancel and rebook. We won't have our car so transfers would be good. Can't wait to see who the special guests might be!

We are on it. This will be our fifth TCM cruise. We have been on all of them. It's fantastic. Not much Disney related stuff at all. And we go on Disney cruises all the time. No character meets except in kids club. Mickey might come out once. No big Disney shows. There are fireworks one night. Same meal rotation as regular Disney cruise. Lots of interviews and great movies. Stars onboard are always accessible and nice . There is always a dress up dance. My husband brings his tux and I bring fancy dress. People do get dressed up more in evening than on reg cruise. Over the years we have seen Eva Marie saint, tipi hedren, Ernest Borgnine, Debbie Reynolds, mickey Rooney, richard dreyfus, Shirley jones, and many more. Be sure to do cocktail tastings. You will love it. They haven't announced stars yet. But they have always been great v

Thanks Cedric!

I enjoyed hearing a little more about what to expect.

I've not been able to find any detailed reviews except the one I mentioned above.

So glad to hear we will still do the rotational dining.

I just started a Roll Call thread so we can chat, share and ask questions.

Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221932

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Foghorn: :D

The Nov. 2015 TCM Classic Cruise will be my second on the Disney Magic. I must be honest and admit that I had been a tad worried when TCM switched to the Disney cruise lines after having such a great time on my first TCM cruise which took place onboard a Celebrity ship, which is generally known for being a rather "adult" cruise line. But I was worried over nothing, as it turns out.

There's nothing wrong with a "real" Disney-themed cruise, nor with good old family fun. But, let's just say that most of the classic movie fans that I met on the TCM cruises seemed to want few distractions from their enjoyment of the classic movie theme (me included). And I don't want to call us "old", but the majority of the folks on the TCM cruises are...well...let's just say "of a certain age". LOL. :D

During the TCM cruise, the typical Disney "theme park" stuff was no where to be seen, other than within the confines of the children's areas which are located on the lower decks. You'd really have to be looking for these areas to find them. I heard that one Disney character was at the sail-away party. I only counted eleven children on the cruise (I heard that there were a couple of dozen or so), and the kids I met were all very well behaved, and they also stayed out of the adults-only areas.

There were no Disney shows during the TCM cruises (other than what may have gone on in the children's areas?). The TCM cruise list of daily events is already packed full; so full that one would have to be super speedy to see and do it all.

One of the dining rooms, "Animators", came closest to being a real "Disney" event, but it was a lot of fun, and the kind of fun that fit in with the cruise's movie theme. (I won't ruin the surprise if you don't already know about "Animators". :) ) I also liked the way that Disney rotates the passengers through the three different main dining rooms as the days go by.

My first TCM cruise sailed from Miami, and TCM offered good discounts at a very nice hotel that also provided very convenient shuttle service right to the ship's dock and luggage porters. I'd be surprised if they don't use that same hotel, but they will notify you of their suggested hotel(s) as the time of the cruise approaches.

TCM, Sixthman, and Disney all do a great job of sending you all of the info that you need before you sail. I would read everything that they send to you and use the links that they send as they are helpful, if not a tad repetitive.

And when the time comes, I would encourage you to log onto the Disney site (they will send you a link), where you will be able to complete your on-line booking and embarkation info. If you fully complete the on-line booking, it really speeds things during the embarkation process. But don't worry about any of this as TCM, Sixthman, and Disney will make everything very clear nearer to embarkation time.

I am SO curious as to who the onboard guests will be this year! Each TCM cruise has had a special on-deck, "theme" party, so I'm also curious as to what this year's theme will be. Last year, the theme was Film Noir.

It was my experience that the Disney crew members were all very polite and efficient, and they all smiled...a lot!

I am positive that you will have a wonderful time, Leghorn! :)

Edited by BODICERIPPER

BODICERIPPER:

Thanks so much for all the details. It's been very hard to find much info about these specific cruises :)

This will be my 4th Disney cruise, so yes, I'm familiar with Animator's Palet and the rotating dining....which I LOVE!

It's nice to know they will send out info (eventually) about hotels/transfers, etc.

I'm have a little OCPD (obsessive compulsive planning disorder) :) and I'm trying to be patient waiting for more info and who the special guests will be.

I went ahead and started a Roll Call...so please join us...I'm sure we'll all have more questions as it gets closer - THANKS AGAIN!

Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221932

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to TCM cruise web site you will see the list of current guests coming. I'm surprised we haven't received notice yet. Eva Marie saint...she was on first TCM cruise. Really lovely person. Lou gossett jr. Ruta lee. Leslie Caron. And a few others. Maybe there are more to come and that's why they haven't sent emails to registered guests yet.