Is it ok not to be in Yacht Club?

Lerin

We have our first MSC cruise scheduled for Novemeber, and are in a standard inside cabin with only the Bella experience.

In reading reviews it seems everyone does the Yacht Club.

I can't seem to find any information about the cabin type and "experience" we've chosen. We're getting worried about being in a lowly inside cabin with no special experience. What does this mean exactly? Is this going to be like the class system used on Cunard?

Is Yacht Club that much more amazing, can we still enjoy ourselves while cruising in a more budget-friendly space?

Anyone cruised in a regular cabin with the standard experience that would like to share?

We're on Divina 10 nighter which includes Jamacia, Mexico, Panama and Costa Rica btw

We have our first MSC cruise scheduled for Novemeber, and are in a standard inside cabin with only the Bella experience.

I can't seem to find any information about the cabin type and "experience" we've chosen. We're getting worried about being in a lowly inside cabin with no special experience. What does this mean exactly? Is this going to be like the class system used on Cunard?

Is Yacht Club that much more amazing, can we still enjoy ourselves while cruising in a more budget-friendly space?

Anyone cruised in a regular cabin with the standard experience that would like to share?

We're on Divina 10 nighter which includes Jamacia, Mexico, Panama and Costa Rica btw

Thousands don't do the yacht Club compared to the hundreds who do. Never sailed YC myself , too expensive with the solo supplements.

I think you see a lot of reviews because people who go on YC love it and write about it. That doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't sail in the YC has a miserable time of it. Most of the fleet don't have YC anyway.

I think if you can afford it, it is unique in that it provides a high end luxury small ship experience but with the benefits of a large ship there is you want to go and enjoy it.

Hi. We've never sailed in the YC but we have sailed MSC in a balcony. Lovely ship, great stateroom and, with the Allegrissimo drinks package, we never felt we were missing out on anything. I have been scouting Caribbean sailings in 2016 and it seems to me that a balcony with Aurea experience would be great value compared with YC. Of course, you don't get the special attention of butler and concierge and you have to dine in the MDR/buffet or upcharge restaurants but that is OK for us. I don't think we would be very comfortable with that kind of attention. Not knocking YC as we haven't tried it but €900/1000 is a lot extra for us. With Allegrissimo, you can drink anywhere on the ship. If l go again on MSC, l will try a photo review by and for the 'non YC' cruisers. Ken...Review of cruise on Preziosa here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109123

I did a Med cruise on a bella balcony in August and I had a blast! I think its important to keep in mind how port intensive MSC Cruises are! They stop somewhere everyday! So you spend a fortune on YC to spend what, 4 hours there a day, tops? I prefer to travel more often with the left over budget! But then again, this is very personal and subjective so you have to decide for yourself. Have fun!

Try the "NEw to Msc". Thread where I've put up info for the BELLA and FANTASTICA Experiences

pete

Here's the link:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220117,,,great information Pete!!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

With the Bella you probably have a small inside room 138 sq ft.

If it's any help we've travelled in a Fantstica balcony (Splendida) and a Bella inside (Magnifica).

The inside was absolutely fine. We had the tv tuned to the front webcam so we could see what the weather was like, and we used the money we saved to buy the Allegrissimo package and visit some sites on private tours. The main restaurant and buffet meals are the same for everyone not in the YC or Aurea experience, the entertainment, lounges and tours the same. We didn't miss a thing.

Here's the link:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220117,,,great information Pete!!!!

Thanks for putting that link up for me, :), I was away from home borrowing someone's i-pad (i don't do i-pads ) and had no idea how to do a copy and paste.

Pete

in answer to your original question... its not ok. There is YC and then there is everyone else. The unwashed masses. You don't really want to be forced to interact with those lesser humans do you? LOL>>>> JUST JOKING! But that question was begging for this answer. Of course its ok and really its just a matter of personal preference. We booked YC on our upcoming cruise because I like the amenities. But for some folks its not important. I think everyone on a cruise has fun regardless of room size or location. I know people who go to Vegas and only visit their room to sleep and shower. For this purpose the highly discounted room at Circus Circus is fine. Others want more amenities like the Bellagio. Same with ships. Go with what you want to spend and enjoy.

Edited by e2011