Just off Pride today June 14

jakzak10

Just drove back to Jersey from last weeks Pride sailing. Will do a more in-depth review later, but just to let everyone know the Pride was great. Kevin Donohue a fantastic cruise director with non-stop energy. Any questions please let me know

Just drove back to Jersey from last weeks Pride sailing. Will do a more in-depth review later, but just to let everyone know the Pride was great. Kevin Donohue a fantastic cruise director with non-stop energy. Any questions please let me know

Can't wait for your review! We are sailing on Pride in September! We had Kevin on the Splendor CTN last month and thought he was great too!

Kim

We were on Pride for a B2B last month and loved our cruises. I could care less about CD's and I don't think I have ever known even ONE on any of our cruises, but we had Jase and Gary as assistant and they "took me under their wing" and I had a great time with them. Didn't realize he was leaving! :(:confused:

Was there a lot of vibration on your cruise? I'm reading horror stories!

Just to put my 2 cents in: we had no vibration in our cabins which were on deck 7 and deck 4. First sea day we went thru the storm that was around the Carolinas and we had terrible weather, heavy rain, waves, etc. and you would never have known if you hadn't looked out the window. Pride handled it very well. I actually enjoy some rock and roll, so I was a bit disappointed! :p

I'm happy with that, I wasn't a fan.....BYYYYEEEE! So annyoying. Some of the crew were even annoyed!

Just out of curiosity, why did he annoy the crew? IDK why, but he was the lst CD I got to know at all and I enjoyed him.

My $.02: never had worse vibrations on any cruise. Not too bad when we were crawling along at 11 knots but once we kicked it into high gear on the way back it was insane. We were in 4134: vibrations. But the worst was in the lido buffet.

I'm not someone who cares about vibrations and we took some videos of the towel animal that appeared to be moving. But it is what it is.

Just out of curiosity, why did he annoy the crew? IDK why, but he was the lst CD I got to know at all and I enjoyed him.

I ran into 2 crewmembers that found his announcements annoying. I went to his Q&A and he stated they will keep him on the Pride, and the (Carnival) wants him on the Pride. He also stated how he was always out and about and seen by all. We barely saw him. Not a deal breaker for me, but I did not find him one bit entertaining. That annoying BYYYYYYEEEE after his announcements were ridiculous.

We've sailed with Jase. I really like him. And opposite of what someone posted, we saw him EVERYWHERE. I actually spent a couple of hours in a lounge chair next to him and a lot of the Playlist cast on Grand Turk - he was super nice, but I didn't bug him. I know that they get so little time to themselves, and he was literally only there about 2 hours. And we were his last cruise. I appreciated that he didn't let things slide because he was almost done. The By-eeeee makes me laugh. :)

He's on vacation now and will go to the Conquest in a couple more weeks. He was originally scheduled to go to the Pride again, and he literally found on the day before our cruise started that his vacation was being cut short (by a month) and that he was being sent elsewhere. Carnival seems to value him. FWIW, we also had him on the Fascination in January.

Also, OP, you were getting on as we got off. Hope you guys had smoother seas than we did!

Edited by tropicaledrink