Liberty and Giovannis table?

Sorry..Im traveling in an RV and on my phone..please forgive typos and SE's..

Am I to understand Portofino's is being replaced by Gios table in her next dry dock? When is that? Is Gios table really family style? Does that mean you both have to have the same thing?

Has Chops really gotten that bad?

Sorry..Im traveling in an RV and on my phone..please forgive typos and SE's..

Am I to understand Portofino's is being replaced by Gios table in her next dry dock? When is that? Is Gios table really family style? Does that mean you both have to have the same thing?

Has Chops really gotten that bad?

Liberty will have her dry dock in January 2016.

The main course items are served for the individual. If you want an extra main course I think it is $10. The other courses are served family style and the desert is offered from a desert cart.

Chops on Liberty is wonderful in my opinion. Not everyone agrees with me, but my expectations are very realistic and I have always left very satisfied.

• 2 months later...

We are booked on Liberty in March, which will be post-drydock. Since Royal redesigned their website, I have been tearing my hair out just trying to find the prices for the different specialty dining options. Even using their search function doesn't get the info. While I realize that specialty prices can be and are very fluid, I would like to get an idea of what they will be for the cruise. Can anyone help?

Pat

We are booked on Liberty in March, which will be post-drydock. Since Royal redesigned their website, I have been tearing my hair out just trying to find the prices for the different specialty dining options. Even using their search function doesn't get the info. While I realize that specialty prices can be and are very fluid, I would like to get an idea of what they will be for the cruise. Can anyone help?

Pat

I believe Chops is $35 and Giovanni's is $25. However, you will be able to see prices in your Cruise Planner as soon as specialty dining becomes available for your cruise.

I believe Chops is $35 and Giovanni's is $25. However, you will be able to see prices in your Cruise Planner as soon as specialty dining becomes available for your cruise.

Thanks, Bob, Seems like in some previous version of the website you could see a listing of the various venues, and when you hovered over some part of them, the prices would pop up. Either I'm imagining it, or their wonderful IT folks have invoked the Peter Principle yet again.

Pat

Thanks, Bob, Seems like in some previous version of the website you could see a listing of the various venues, and when you hovered over some part of them, the prices would pop up. Either I'm imagining it, or their wonderful IT folks have invoked the Peter Principle yet again.

Pat

I think they have changed the website so that is is no longer very easy to see prices. Also, prices vary by ship. For example, Chops can be $30, $35, or $39 depending on the ship.

Menu below, first part is lunch, second part is dinner:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

I see Lamb Chops on the Giovanni's menu yet not on the Chops menu....

What I'm wondering if one is at chops and wants the Lamb Chops would Chops accommodate that request?

I see Lamb Chops on the Giovanni's menu yet not on the Chops menu....

What I'm wondering if one is at chops and wants the Lamb Chops would Chops accommodate that request?

You can try, and I would ask that question before booking, but I would not expect to get it.

We were in Portofino once and tried to get the crab cake from Chops, and were initially refused. Before we booked, a headwaiter had told us this would be no problem, so once we got him involved, we got the crab cake.

You can try, and I would ask that question before booking, but I would not expect to get it.

We were in Portofino once and tried to get the crab cake from Chops, and were initially refused. Before we booked, a headwaiter had told us this would be no problem, so once we got him involved, we got the crab cake.

Hmmmm! I'll be in a Suite and wonder if the Concierge could make that request and make it happen.....