Transfer to Tampa Port Advice

The 5 of us are staying at the Marriott Courtyard, Westshore for a few days before our cruise out of Tampa. We will be renting a car, and and need to return it prior to the cruise. We would like to get to the port at 10:30 or so.

Should we:

1. All drive in rental car morning of departure to airport, and then take transfer from Tampa airport to port

or

2. I drive to airport to return car by myself, and then either take cab or hotel shuttle back to hotel, and we all use a transfer from hotel to port

For option 1, we would probably use Carnival's transfer. Do we reserve a specific time when we book that? How often do they run? When do they start running?

Option 2 would probably be on Super shuttle. The reservation page for it says that we don't find out the pick up time until after we book it. Does anyone know what time they would be picking us up?

Which plan sounds best? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Edited to add: we are 2 adults, a 14 yr old, a 6 yr old, and a 3 yr old, and, of course, more luggage than it would be wise to bring on a cruise. :o :eek:

So, ease of herding kids and cargo is a bigger factor than cost.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

Who are you renting from? :confused: Hertz and Avis have locations within a few blocks of the port and Enterprise is within q couple of miles -- all will shuttle you to the port.

If you get a better deal renting from the airport - and they do not offer shuttles (call to check ;)) -- what we have done in the past is to drop bags and family off at the port, I drive to TPA and return the car, and then a quick $25 cab ride gets me back to the port.

The cruise transfer bus leaves when the bus is filled - you might wait 5 minutes :D or an hour. :eek:

Doesn't answer your specific question, but if you want an alternate shuttle that does a great job in Tampa, look up Ground Jet Tampa - the owner is Jamie. 813-480-7674 is his number.

He took great care of 8 of us on transport from the Homewood Suites Westshore to the port, and from the port to the airport when we returned on the cruise.

Dan.

Who are you renting from? :confused: Hertz and Avis have locations within a few blocks of the port and Enterprise is within q couple of miles -- all will shuttle you to the port.

If you get a better deal renting from the airport - and they do not offer shuttles (call to check ;)) -- what we have done in the past is to drop bags and family off at the port, I drive to TPA and return the car, and then a quick $25 cab ride gets me back to the port.

The cruise transfer bus leaves when the bus is filled - you might wait 5 minutes :D or an hour. :eek:

We're using National. Got a great rate on a minivan!

I thought of dropping off the family, then going to TPA to return the car, but I don't think my wife would want to be separated for so long, when things are going to be so hectic (and with two impatient yet excited little ones).

When does the cruise transfer bus start running?

When does the cruise transfer bus start running?

Call your cruise line.

There are van taxis and an airport shuttle service that might fit all of you and baggage for a lot less than the cruise line will charge.

Per your advice for Hertz and Avis, I checked to see if National has a location close to the port and they do; it's at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. I can't seem to find a local phone number for the National location, everything I saw just points to their national toll free number.

But, I saw that the Westin hotel offers a shuttle service to the port for $3 per person. If I can transfer my car return to the Westin, instead of the airport, does anyone know if I can book the shuttle from the Westin, or is that for hotel guests only? And, how far in advance would I need to book it? I booked the rental car with a third party, so I wouldn't be able to change my drop off location (if at all) until after I picked up the car. (But for the price I'm getting, this bit of a complication is worth it)

Per your advice for Hertz and Avis' date=' I checked to see if National has a location close to the port and they do; it's at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. I can't seem to find a local phone number for the National location, everything I saw just points to their national toll free number.

But, I saw that the Westin hotel offers a shuttle service to the port for $3 per person. If I can transfer my car return to the Westin, instead of the airport, does anyone know if I can book the shuttle from the Westin, or is that for hotel guests only? And, how far in advance would I need to book it? I booked the rental car with a third party, so I wouldn't be able to change my drop off location (if at all) until after I picked up the car. (But for the price I'm getting, this bit of a complication is worth it)[/quote']

Here is the link for the Westin-National location... not sure about the shuttle situation but perhaps they can assist.

Have a nice visit to Tampa Bay and a great cruise. :)

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/location-details/us/tpac01-westin-national.html

Not sure if this is the right area for this question but I'm looking for information on transportation from the port to the airport. There will be 5 of us and I'm trying to find the most economical way to travel. Thanks!

I believe taking a cab would be the cheapest. I have no personal experience, but I've read you can get a taxi van to fit 5 people and luggage (which is what we are probably going to do). Carnival offers transport service, but I think it was $20 per person

Not sure if this is the right area for this question but I'm looking for information on transportation from the port to the airport. There will be 5 of us and I'm trying to find the most economical way to travel. Thanks!

Taxi, even SUV and minivan cabs, are all flat rate fare of $25+tip from port to TPA.