Help! - Advice for travel with 16 month old

MamaR2014

We are heading out on the NCL this Friday June 19th with our 16 month old daughter, my parents and Sister & Brother In Law and their 8 year old and 1 years old. We live in the Boston area and have taken this exact cruise a couple of years ago (just with my husband and I) so we love the convenience of it and thought this would be a great option for our first trip together as a family. Was kind of bummed this weekend when we realized that our daughter and nephew wont be able to go in the kiddie pools since they are not potty trained but completely understand the reasons why. Does any one have any advice on how you dealt with this issue? I have seen some other various posts of people bringing blow up pools on the ship for non-potty trained kids to play in. Should I go through the hassle of bring ours or skip it since this is not allowed or just not worth it? Also we are booked in a mini suite and wanted to see if anyone has stayed in these rooms with a pack and play. If so can you maneuver with it set up or is it best to pack it away when not in use? Would appreciate any other advice from people who have cruised with small children and how to make this the best vacation possible for all members. Thanks!!

We are heading out on the NCL this Friday June 19th with our 16 month old daughter, my parents and Sister & Brother In Law and their 8 year old and 1 years old. We live in the Boston area and have taken this exact cruise a couple of years ago (just with my husband and I) so we love the convenience of it and thought this would be a great option for our first trip together as a family. Was kind of bummed this weekend when we realized that our daughter and nephew wont be able to go in the kiddie pools since they are not potty trained but completely understand the reasons why. Does any one have any advice on how you dealt with this issue? I have seen some other various posts of people bringing blow up pools on the ship for non-potty trained kids to play in. Should I go through the hassle of bring ours or skip it since this is not allowed or just not worth it? Also we are booked in a mini suite and wanted to see if anyone has stayed in these rooms with a pack and play. If so can you maneuver with it set up or is it best to pack it away when not in use? Would appreciate any other advice from people who have cruised with small children and how to make this the best vacation possible for all members. Thanks!!

The blow up tubs are allowed. Don't bring a blow up pool, these are too big and will get in the way. The blow up tubs are about the size of the little ones bottom and legs when sitting, maybe 18" x 24", and can be placed next to a lounger comfortably. It can also be used on your balcony or in the shower if your kids aren't ready for showers.

The balconies on mini suite cabins are a little bigger than the balconies on balcony cabins. Last time we were in one, we took the coffee table that's in front of the sofa and put it out on the balcony. That may give you more room for your pack and play, although you'll need to bring the coffee table back in from the balcony if you want the 16th mo old out there with you at times.

My daughter and my 13 month old grandson cruised last year on carnival in an aft cabin. We also brought along the duckie tub since our little guy couldn't use the pools. What a life saver for him! It was very hot so he was also able to cool down. He loved it! My daughter also used the tub for his baths every night like the previous poster stated. I recommend this highly.