Leaving tomarrow,how much luggage?

IDgal

How many suitcases did you all end up taking? So far my DH and Ie have 3 and a garmet bag. Is that too much? Are we overdoing it? There's so much misc. stuff to take for Alaska. This is our first cruise so we have no idea what would be acceptable. Thanks for the help.

I always believe that less is more when it comes to packing. I try to travel with one bag and one carry-on, although I have to admit that my laptop, cameras, binoculars, etc actually surpass my clothing in both mass and weight. I figure that I can always buy more clothes if I need them.

I did a 7 night cruise and 3 nights Vancouver, I had 2 carryons and one large and hubby had 2 carry ons, one was his suitcase and one was his camer equipment, I had the regular carry on and a smaller carryon like a "train case" style.

My checked luggage was fairly empty upon leving, and could have done without it but since I brought it for souveniers etc, I brought a little extra but we had no formal all country club casual.

It's about what you feel comoftable with and what your airline will allow. I was in first class so they never said anything, but for carryon there was a weight max even in first class for the carry on stuff.

If it's too heavy you will either have to check it or repack into the checked one, but I think it depends on each carrier.

I always try to follow YSR Racer's advice and pack light. However, on both of our last trips which included a week or 9 days on land plus cruise, we had 4 check ins plus one carry each plus camera stuff which as Wolfie says, weighs more than a check in bag. We have sent a box home on both trips of things we decided we didn't need or wouldn't need on cruise part plus whatever we picked up in first week!!! Taking all the formal clothes to wear once is what really adds another bag.

Archived