Pleasantly surprised

Henrietta30

Having seen all the moans about P&O standards, plated food, no wine waiters and so on, having not cruised with P&O for 18months we were a little worried. However all I can say is we had an excellent cruise. The ship has had a refit so the public areas are smarter and she has been painted which improves the look. The staff were helpful, polite and we couldn't fault them. Our cabin steward was excellent- probably one of the best we have had, and the new approach of two working together means your cabins are cleaned really quickly.

The food in the MDR was very good, it was hot and the portion size was ample. In fact often we couldn't finish everything . I also like the plated food as they do on Celebrity - it means you get the appropriate vegetables with your food and the presentation is much better. We had no problem with our wine, it was served quickly at the start of each meal without a problem. We ate in Seventeen which was outstandingly good and worth every penny of the cover charge if you appreciate this type of dining. Sindhu was also very good.

We did have an outbreak of norovirus which was handled really well and did not impact the holiday - I am just amazed at the people berating the Captain because they couldn't help themselves in the buffet or get burgers at the poolside grill. One wonders what you have to do to explain its about personal cleanliness, and sadly some don't wash their hands before touching the servers and food in the buffet. The staff were constantly washing down lifts, handrails, chairs everything - well done P&O.

The entertainment was plentiful and though not always to our taste there was a lot to do if it is what you wanted.

So for anyone who is going on Azura you will have a fab time. the ship and staff were excellent and other than some louts who should have been in school dive bombing into the pools (clearly reading the no jumping or diving signs was beyond their intellect) there was nothing to complain about

Hi

yes it was the Canaries cruise. We had no trouble with sunbeds either! So overall we were really pleased with the cruise and the changes from P&O. Food so much better than previous 2 with P&O !!

I agree with all of you about some of the passengers - they are just so rude and discourteous to staff who work hard for long hours. Also I bet most of them cant cook and live on takeaways......