Booking a Group directly with NCL

MLinFL

Has anyone booked a group directly with NCL (and not use a TA)?

I have booked directly with the cruise line for my own personal cruises on a few occasions and it has worked find. I want to book a family cruise but perhaps this isn't as simple as a personal cruise. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mary Lou

Hi,

I'll be glad to try to help if I can. What size group are you talking about, so that I can give you the most appropriate recommendations? Is the cruise in the near future, or further off?

There are a lot of pitfalls and considerations. I have done it where it was fairly easy and also where it was very, very difficult and fraught with problems.

I also have some notes that I have taken for my own use that I could also e-mail you, if you are interested. my e-mail address is zimjb@comcast with a .net at the end.

Thanks for the e-mail, adele:) .

It is easy,we are doing it on a 11 day Hawaii in Jan.We booked direct with NCL,And just tell the agent to link the booking # together.We even had air deviations they linked everything with no problems. TOM

I booked a group cruise. When I called NCL directly and my TA they both quoted me the same price, so I figured there was no benefit with booking directly with NCL, plus my TA is easier to ask questions and get more info. and if the price drops before our cruise she has assured me we can get that rate or a ship board credit.:) a win-win situation

ZimmerJulie - thanks for the offer of the help - I have sent you an e-mail

jnl134 - Actually, if the prices were the same with both the cruise line directly or with a TA, I would vote for booking directly with the cruise line.

I guess that I can always move this reservation to a TA later, if I want to.

Thanks for all the comments,

Mary Lou

Archived