Nice to Paris

Huntermedal

We are still scratching our head re this post. According to Azamara's web site they are using the Port of Villefranche (which is about a 15 min drive from Nice). But Villefranche is a tender port which is unusual for an embarkation port. Since they would have to use a tender operation it is difficult to accurately predict how lone it would take the OP to get ashore (with their luggage) since much is dependent on sea and wind conditions. From the tender pier to the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport is about a 30 min drive (this can vary depending on traffic). Since you are talking about a domestic flight, arriving by 9:30 should be OK for an 11 flight. This means you need to be ashore and on your way by 9. So it all comes down to the tender issue and for that, you can toss the dice.

Hank

We are still scratching our head re this post. According to Azamara's web site they are using the Port of Villefranche (which is about a 15 min drive from Nice). But Villefranche is a tender port which is unusual for an embarkation port. Since they would have to use a tender operation it is difficult to accurately predict how lone it would take the OP to get ashore (with their luggage) since much is dependent on sea and wind conditions. From the tender pier to the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport is about a 30 min drive (this can vary depending on traffic). Since you are talking about a domestic flight, arriving by 9:30 should be OK for an 11 flight. This means you need to be ashore and on your way by 9. So it all comes down to the tender issue and for that, you can toss the dice.

Hank

Hank, I'm not sure I agree with what you found on the Azamara website. I interpret it that the OP is probably talking about one of the Azamara Quest cruises. I see two that terminate in Nice. And when I drill into the details of Nice on the itinerary, it does not seem to indicate Villefranche. In fact, it lists the port address as Quai Amiral Infernet, 06300 or Quai du Commerce

Nice, Cote d'Azur, France. This seems to be in Nice, according to Google maps. Maybe I'm missing where you saw Villefranche mentioned. Or I'm interpreting something wrong.

Hank, I'm not sure I agree with what you found on the Azamara website. I interpret it that the OP is probably talking about one of the Azamara Quest cruises. I see two that terminate in Nice. And when I drill into the details of Nice on the itinerary, it does not seem to indicate Villefranche. In fact, it lists the port address as Quai Amiral Infernet, 06300 or Quai du Commerce

Nice, Cote d'Azur, France. This seems to be in Nice, according to Google maps. Maybe I'm missing where you saw Villefranche mentioned. Or I'm interpreting something wrong.

I tip my hat to you :). I had looked at Azamara's site and saw Nice and then also looked at a cruise agency data base that said, and I quote, "Nice (Villefranche)." After reading your post we went back on Azamara's web site and drilled down to the same info you found. What is interesting is that we were once in that same port area on the old (and long gone) Regent Spirit and it was pretty convenient.

So, if this is the port that Azamara is using that is very good news for the OP. From there, getting to the airport in time for an 11 AM flight should be no problem as long as they can grab a taxi (or pre book a transfer).

Hank