MSC Fantasia Aug 15 - Help with Drinks Package/Excursions

browner1974

Hi, booked to go on MSC Fantasia in August and would like any advice with what are the best excursions with MSC or which ones to do yourself?

Itinerary

Naples, Messina, Valleta, Palma De Mallorca, Barcelona & Marseille.

Also we have booked the Allegrissimo Package and was wondering what the Draught Beer was on board and what ice cream was included i.e all flavours or limited to Vanilla/Chocolate.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Hi, booked to go on MSC Fantasia in August and would like any advice with what are the best excursions with MSC or which ones to do yourself?

Itinerary

Also we have booked the Allegrissimo Package and was wondering what the Draught Beer was on board and what ice cream was included i.e all flavours or limited to Vanilla/Chocolate.

Thanks

Mark

Excursions-I can't help as we did our own.

Allegrissimo- Heineken and I think an English bitter on draught. There was more but I cannot remember exactly what. There are menus available and I'll try to link one here later.

Ice Cream-Again on Allegrissimo but was not limited to Vanilla or Choc. Came in small tubs.

Edited by Crabmanstyle

Excursions-I can't help as we did our own.

Allegrissimo- Heineken and I think an English bitter on draught. There was more but I cannot remember exactly what. There are menus available and I'll try to link one here later.

Ice Cream-Again on Allegrissimo but was not limited to Vanilla or Choc. Came in small tubs.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Itinerary

Thanks

Mark

i assume you are embarking in Genoa, If you are flying back from Genoa check out the info about the MSC lounge n this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2139907#

EXCURSIONS:-

Barcelona If you have 4hrs or more during the daytime i'd recommend the red route hO-HO bus, a full circuit takes ~ 2 hrs

or for 7 hours or more of daylight do the red and blue (full curcuit ~2 hrs)routes

NB there are only a couple of crossover stops.

I recommend seven hours minimum to allow for the change of bus routes, which will be at least twice.

Valletta it's an ideal place to walk around (approx. 0.6 miles by 0.4 miles in area) . walk from the dock towards the harbour entrance and find the lift (cost 1€) to the old city and visit the many historical sites . Info from the tourist office is very helpful

Messina Tours go to Mt Etna or Tourmina or just walk into the city

( for info on walking in the city read my review) :-

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum...p?f=270&t=9372 )

Marseille I haven't been for a few years so can't say much more than we took the shuttle bus to the old port and from there took the tourist "Noddy train" up to the cathedral. and finally walked around the harbour to the old castle.

Naples and Palma I have no recommendations

ICE CREAM :- ALL flavours have always been available whenever I've had the alegrissimo, but only in a cone or a tub. Also included were some of the milkshakes which have ice cream as a component.

It's a great Itinerary.

I'd put the ports of call in the following order of interest

1) Barcelona

2=)Naples and Valletta

4) Messina

5=) Palma de Majorca and Marseille

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Itinerary

Thanks

Mark

You're not limited by flavours but to cones or tubs. All the sundaes are excluded on the Allegrissimo.

I've done all of those ports on my own at least once. It all depends on what it is you want to do and how you plan on getting there. Have a look at the ports of call section or even MDC shore excursions for ideas.

I've occasionally used their shuttle service. I know it is more expensive than using a public bus but less thought needs to go into it! You walk out ofmthe terminal on to the bus, get dropped off in the centre and all you need to do is remember where so you can go back. To help you, they have great big MDC flags set up and MDC staff standing there!