Getaway - what time do you have to get off on final day?

weebobby

See here for a photo of the disembarkation leaflet from someone's Getaway cruise in January. The times correspond to what www3traveler said above: vacate cabins by 9:00am, leave ship by 9:30am.

I don't know if weebobby is on the same itinerary, and they may have adjusted the disembarkation day schedule since then. It may be possible to ignore the increasingly insistent announcements and stay on board until 10:00am, but you certainly cannot lie in bed until then! By that time there will already be several hundred people in the terminal waiting to check-in and board for the next cruise…

I believe you must vacate the cabin no later than 0900hrs and disembark the ship no later than 0930hrs. There are places to wait in the public rooms after you leave your cabin. They do have breakfast at a restaurant(s) early on debarkation day as well as the buffet. The cabin stewards are usually out in the hallways and cabins in full force the last morning. I too will not be the first to debark as our flights are later on July 4 as well.

Make sure you mark your luggage with something noticeable so no one accidentally claims it from the "sea of luggage" since you will be among the later folks to debark.

Looking forward to cruising in 12 days

Edited by rbird

It was 9:00 AM to leave your cabin and 9:30 to leave the ship last week on the Getaway. Breakfast begins at 6:30 or 7:00 at various locations. Ship announcements begin at 8:00 in the cabins to get everyone awake and moving.

Self debarkation began at 7:30.

We were up at 6:30, ate in the Haven restaurant and self debarked at 7:30.

YOu've got to remember that there is an excited group of people waiting to board the ship, hopefully as early as 11 to 11:30. All previous guest must be accounted for and off the ship and all the ship cleaned and rooms prepared immediately thereafter. Our last cruise, the get out of the cabin time was backed up to 8:30 and off the ship by 10. That was the Pearl several months ago. I'm always amazed that the crew gets the ship prepared as quickly as they do.