Tranquillity Island Turtle Sanctuary

I posted this on the South Pacific board but haven't got any responses yet, so thought I'd post here in case someone can assist. :)

We are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in February. We would like to go to the Turtle sanctuary on Tranquillity Island. As far as I can see, Royal Caribbean does not offer tours that goes there.

It looks like you can arrange to do a Coongoola cruise in Vila which goes to the turtle sanctuary, but there isn't much information as to how much time you get to spend at the Turtle sanctuary etc. We would like a half day tour if possible.

Does anyone have any experience of going to the Turtle sanctuary, either on their own or as part of a custom tour with a Vanuatu tour operator?? Not sure what would be the best way of getting to the Turtle sanctuary and whether it's best doing a tour etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks! :D

I posted this on the South Pacific board but haven't got any responses yet, so thought I'd post here in case someone can assist. :)

We are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in February. We would like to go to the Turtle sanctuary on Tranquillity Island. As far as I can see, Royal Caribbean does not offer tours that goes there.

It looks like you can arrange to do a Coongoola cruise in Vila which goes to the turtle sanctuary, but there isn't much information as to how much time you get to spend at the Turtle sanctuary etc. We would like a half day tour if possible.

Does anyone have any experience of going to the Turtle sanctuary, either on their own or as part of a custom tour with a Vanuatu tour operator?? Not sure what would be the best way of getting to the Turtle sanctuary and whether it's best doing a tour etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks! :D

I have done the Tranquility Island/Coongoola quite a few times and love this tour.

The turtle sanctuary portion of the tour is not that long, probably 1 1/2 hours at most. After that you are taken to a beach then ferried out to a reef to snorkel while lunch is being set up. Another reef snorkel post lunch rounds out the day before sailing back to the mainland and being taken back to Port Vila.

I don't know of any other way to get to the turtle sanctuary but the whole Coongoola day tour is great.

I have done the Tranquility Island/Coongoola quite a few times and love this tour.

The turtle sanctuary portion of the tour is not that long, probably 1 1/2 hours at most. After that you are taken to a beach then ferried out to a reef to snorkel while lunch is being set up. Another reef snorkel post lunch rounds out the day before sailing back to the mainland and being taken back to Port Vila.

I don't know of any other way to get to the turtle sanctuary but the whole Coongoola day tour is great.

Thanks for the feedback! We will look more into the Coongoola cruise day trip. :) Cheers