Chef's Table Comparison - RCI vs. Princess?

Have enjoyed the Chef's Table on the Grand Princess. A truly memorable meal! 5 appetizers, salad, soup, two entrees, fantastic desert creation and a different wine with each.

Sailing on Oasis in November. Interested in the Chef's Table for that cruise.

Interested in the opinion(s) of anyone who has experiences the Chef's Table on both lines and can give a comparison ....

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Calgon1

I have been very satisfied with the Chef's Table onboard many RCI ships. Part of my satisfaction is that my expectations are realistic based on the way RCI have decided to adapt the concept of a Chef's Table.

Princess offer a Chef's Table in the most traditional sense with the Executive Chef in charge of the event and the event is in the actual galley. They are absolutely fantastic events and of the highest quality. They present each course in such an elegant fashion and the venue is fully decorated for a culinary event.

RCI offer a modified Chef's Table where the Sommelier is in charge together with a Chef's Table manager and a venue specific chef makes appearances only for the presentation of the courses. The event is held at a private table and not in the galley.

Oasis used to have an excellent venue in the upper area of the concierge lounge. This was relocated to a 'prime table' in the suite lounge on recent sailings and it may happen that they will not offer the Chef's Table on Oasis by the time of your sailing.

On Quantum RCI took away the chef from the Chef's Table. It was formally re-branded to the 'Prime Table' on Anthem. It is unclear how this will effect the Chef's Table fleet-wide at the moment.

My advice is to cherish the memories of a fantastic traditional Chef's Table from Princess and if you decide to do it with RCI to not base your expectations on this past event, but appreciate the way that RCI present the event.

The event and experience get high marks and I have enjoyed every experience, while I have found the food average and not where the value of the Chef's Table with RCI is found.