Email when edocs ready

pizzalady1

I did not get an email to say they were ready.

I had read other people getting theirs at 70 days out. So I logged into NCL that day, and lo and behold, they were there. I had logged in previously also to research show time and stuff and they were not ready. 70 days out precisely ! (And no email notification)

We didn't receive an email in our regular email from NCL saying our edocs were ready. We got an email in our NCL mailbox saying they were ready. I was really surprised that we had them already. We made final payment on June 9th and we were 70 days out. After we made final payment I figured it would be 2 weeks to get the docs. It was only 5 days.

What do you need your edocs for 70 days before sailing?

I don't know who you were addressing this to, but if NCL is asking time of arrival and are limiting the number of cruisers for each time slot, it would be beneficial to get your edocs early.

I agree that with the new system of check-in times, you should do the on-line check-in early if you want to have the maximum choice of arrival times. But does it make a difference if the computer generates the edocs right away (a month or two before the cruise) vs. a week or two before sailing?

What do you need your edocs for 70 days before sailing?

Some folks have long travels...

Our NCL cruise is a transatlantic returning to the States from Barcelona in late October. We leave home late August, 63 days before we board NCL Jade. In between we have two land tours, a visit with family and an eastern Med cruise on HAL. Gonna be a grand trip!

Looks like we'll have to find a place along the way in Europe to print out edocs... maybe on the HAL ship, unless we get lucky and they are available 70 days prior to sailing before we leave home.

What happens if we don't have printed copies, only an electronic version?

You'll be able to print at the business center of any hotel or perhaps with your family. Some report the edocs at 70 days so chances are you'll be able to print prior to day 63.

Thanks for the encouragement. That would be good to have them before we leave. The family visit is a cousins reunion in Tuscany at an old farmhouse, but yes, we might be able to print from there if they have gotten internet now:) Not too sure. I think HAL will allow us to print at a small cost and that would be ok too. I've found hotels difficult at times but maybe things have gotten better. With complex trips there's a certain amount of trust that has to go with the planning! m--

On myNCL.com the "?" button next to Download eDocs says the edocs be ready once you finished online check in, made final payment and have less than 60 days left before your trip.

Laughing at myself. I made final payment on June 13th. My edocs were ready that day, I just noticed the email in myncl.com. So for me they were ready 77 days ahead of sailing.

I haven't pulled them up or printed them, but nice to know that part is complete. Now I focus on our excursion plans.