Orlando Hotel

obnurse

We are flying into Orlando for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. There are 6 of us. We are staying one day post cruise. I would love advice about a hotel that would be comfortable for the one day in Orlando post cruise. Our priorities would be to be able to walk to food, etc and to have a pool area we could enjoy for the day and a shuttle to the airport. For those who have stayed in FLL, comparable to Embassy Suites: easy walking to everything. Any advice?

I'd like to be withing walking distance of restaurants, stores, etc. When I mentioned Embassy Suites, I was specific to Ft Lauderdale, where you can walk to groceries, restaurants, retail stores, etc. Does the ES at the airport have these amenities? Thank you for your reply. appreciate it!

Karen

The Embassy Suites on Universal Blvd. is surrounded by shopping and dining options - literally 100's of hotels on Universal in all price ranges.

I would search trip advisor reviews - will you have a rental car? :confused: Easiest and cheapest option to get from PC to your hotel and then the airport. ;)

We made a reservation at Homewood Suites near Orlando Airport for next April and got a great rate. Free breakfast and airport shuttle. Walking distance to several restaurants (Longhorn Steakhouse, Carabbas, IHOP, Fishbones, etc.). Excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. They have studios, as well as 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites.There is also a Hampton Inn and Suites Gateway right across the street with good rates.

Edited by marys350

I'd like to be withing walking distance of restaurants, stores, etc. When I mentioned Embassy Suites, I was specific to Ft Lauderdale, where you can walk to groceries, restaurants, retail stores, etc. Does the ES at the airport have these amenities?

Restaurants: Yes. Bonefish Grill, Sonny's BBQ, IHOP, Dennys, TGIF, Chili's plus others.

Retail stores: Not really.

Edited by Orlando Vic