My Magic was cancelled.

jobster71

So my April cruise on the Magic is cancelled . I was booked Spa inside. If I book one of the smaller ships that does not have a Spa rooms. What would they match it to? would I get an inside regular room?

So my April cruise on the Magic is cancelled . I was booked Spa inside. If I book one of the smaller ships that does not have a Spa rooms. What would they match it to? would I get an inside regular room?

I dont think anyone here can answer this, unusual situation.

Suggest you call and see what you can work out.

They will credit you or refund to you the "cost" of the cancelled cruise (and may throw in an OBC) but the cruiseline is under no obligation to provide you with the exact same amenities nor will they upgrade you (check your cruise contract).

You have two choices...rebook on the ship of your choice a different cruise with the same spa room or move to another ship and book the room of your choice.

The cancelled cruises are almost a year or more out. There is still ample time for people to make adjustments to their vacation schedules...it isn't like anyone is being held hostage by the cruise industry.

They will credit you or refund to you the "cost" of the cancelled cruise (and may throw in an OBC) but the cruiseline is under no obligation to provide you with the exact same amenities nor will they upgrade you (check your cruise contract).

You have two choices...rebook on the ship of your choice a different cruise with the same spa room or move to another ship and book the room of your choice.

The cancelled cruises are almost a year or more out. There is still ample time for people to make adjustments to their vacation schedules...it isn't like anyone is being held hostage by the cruise industry.

You must not have had a cruise cancelled by Carnival before. Part of the compensation for the cancelled cruise it that you can choose another cruise of the same length, in the same cabin category and get it for the price of your cancelled cruise.

So if you had a spa cabin and then switched to a ship that didn't have spa cabins, what category cabin would they price match to? Would it be the next lowest or the next highest? I think you would have to call Carnival and then if you called more that once you would probably get a different answer.

We had this happen to us but we were in a porthole room on the Valor and we were able to book a ship (the Magic) in a porthole room. We booked it at the price of our cancelled Valor cruise. Right now it would cost us $110pp more to book a similar cabin for that Magic cruise.

Anyone who has had a cancelled cruise. How are you being contacted? Carnival has not reached out to me in any way and my booking still appears in my bookings. I know though from John Heald that my Valor cruise is no more.

Anyone who has had a cancelled cruise. How are you being contacted? Carnival has not reached out to me in any way and my booking still appears in my bookings. I know though from John Heald that my Valor cruise is no more.

We received an email from Carnival. Have you checked your Spam folder it may be there? We booked directly with Carnival. I don't know if they will send the email to you if you booked with a TA. They might send it to the TA. If you booked with a TA I would be calling them.

Our June 11th 2016 on Valor out of Port Canaveral was changed to Magic. They gave us the same cabin type and raised us up a deck. My notification came from the travel agent.

I was booked for April 2016 on The Valor. Booking Manager shows that I have switched to the Magic but still no email from my Travel Agent and my room hasn't been assigned. Really hoping mine doesn't end up cancelled. :cool:

I was booked for April 2016 on The Valor. Booking Manager shows that I have switched to the Magic but still no email from my Travel Agent and my room hasn't been assigned. Really hoping mine doesn't end up cancelled. :cool:

They switched several ships around - so if they have moved you to the Magic from the Valor - then you're good. Sailing on the Magic instead of the Valor is good.

In the move our Breeze ship was changed to the Splendor - because the Breeze is being moved to Galveston. :( NOT ok in our book so we changed to a Breeze sailing out of Galveston.

We received an email from Carnival. Have you checked your Spam folder it may be there? We booked directly with Carnival. I don't know if they will send the email to you if you booked with a TA. They might send it to the TA. If you booked with a TA I would be calling them.

Yes...the notification of our ship change notification came directly from Carnival - via email very early yesterday morning. We too booked directly with Carnival.

I also assume if you booked with a TA they would receive the notification.

If you had a booking on the Valor they probably have moved you to the Magic - same sailing date. Take a look at your booking info on line.

You must not have had a cruise cancelled by Carnival before. Part of the compensation for the cancelled cruise it that you can choose another cruise of the same length, in the same cabin category and get it for the price of your cancelled cruise.

So if you had a spa cabin and then switched to a ship that didn't have spa cabins, what category cabin would they price match to? Would it be the next lowest or the next highest? I think you would have to call Carnival and then if you called more that once you would probably get a different answer.

We had this happen to us but we were in a porthole room on the Valor and we were able to book a ship (the Magic) in a porthole room. We booked it at the price of our cancelled Valor cruise. Right now it would cost us $110pp more to book a similar cabin for that Magic cruise.

All correct!

In our case they moved us from the Breeze to the Splendor - but our cabins were all over the place not side by side as we had then booked on the Breeze.

But, we wanted to follow stay with the Breeze so my PVP was able to cancel our revised Splendor/Breeze booking and rebook us for the Breeze out of Galveston.

The same cabins were available - but it was significantly less. We got the OBC/pp for the changed ship and saved about $800 on our booking. It's a 7 day instead of an 8...but we'd rather have 7 on the Breeze and 8 on the Splendor!

They switched several ships around - so if they have moved you to the Magic from the Valor - then you're good. Sailing on the Magic instead of the Valor is good.

In the move our Breeze ship was changed to the Splendor - because the Breeze is being moved to Galveston. :( NOT ok in our book so we changed to a Breeze sailing out of Galveston.

Yeah it shows us moved to the Magic! I am excited about that but I haven't gotten the email or a cabin number. I know I am just worrying for no reason.

Yeah it shows us moved to the Magic! I am excited about that but I haven't gotten the email or a cabin number. I know I am just worrying for no reason.

Keep an eye on it - especially if you are expecting a specific cabin type or location.

When they moved us from the Breeze to the Splendor there was NO effort to put us together or in aft wrap and extended aft cabins like we had booked on the Breeze. :o