Aurea Spa Cabin Query - Fantasia

moomoocow

Morning guys

Fresh off the Anthem of the Seas and now looking forward to my next two MSC cruises - one in October on the Splendida (lowly inside) and then March 2016 on the Fantasia in an Aurea Spa cabin (oooo get me!)

I would like to know what Aurea Spa cabins would be best for balcony etc on the Fantasia as this will be my first balcony cabin. I've been allocated 12003 but need to know if it has a dreaded metal balcony and if so, which cabin would be preferable in this class?

Thanks in advance!

Morning guys

Fresh off the Anthem of the Seas and now looking forward to my next two MSC cruises - one in October on the Splendida (lowly inside) and then March 2016 on the Fantasia in an Aurea Spa cabin (oooo get me!)

I would like to know what Aurea Spa cabins would be best for balcony etc on the Fantasia as this will be my first balcony cabin. I've been allocated 12003 but need to know if it has a dreaded metal balcony and if so, which cabin would be preferable in this class?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately it has a dreaded metal balcony and the balcony is smaller by being taperred; see the blue outline on the deckplan.

Any cabin further back than 12021, or the corresponding cabin on the starboard side, would be fine

I've included an image so you can see which cabins have plexi glass balconies

I've been on Splendida (twice) and each time stayed in a balcony suite , now called an aurea suite, They are 50% bigger, and a bigger balcony too, than the normal Aurea Balcony. Wel worth the small difference, there are only 8 of them 12204/12206/12222/12226/12231/12233/12247/12253

fantasia%2012003.jpg

Aurea site on deck 12 aft

12206copy.jpg

Hope this helps

pete

Edited by Skier52

Unfortunately it has a dreaded metal balcony and the balcony is smaller by being taperred; see the blue outline on the deckplan.

Any cabin further back than 12021, or the corresponding cabin on the starboard side, would be fine

I've included an image so you can see which cabins have plexi glass balconies

I've been on Splendida (twice) and each time stayed in a balcony suite , now called an aurea suite, They are 50% bigger, and a bigger balcony too, than the normal Aurea Balcony. Wel worth the small difference, there are only 8 of them 12204/12206/12222/12226/12231/12233/12247/12253

Hope this helps

pete

Thanks Pete! The price difference from the suite compared to what I've paid is so much more because I booked this last September when they had the early booking promotion - should have booked suite at the outset. I'll learn from that.

Managed to get 12021 and a note on the booking not to change that cabin. So result.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

As somebody who has just booked a cabin with the metal balcony (11010) on Fantasia, I am wondering if it really makes that much of a difference from the plexiglass ones (besides aesthetically speaking). Do they make the cabin darker? Or is there something else I may not be considering?

Thanks

As somebody who has just booked a cabin with the metal balcony (11010) on Fantasia, I am wondering if it really makes that much of a difference from the plexiglass ones (besides aesthetically speaking). Do they make the cabin darker? Or is there something else I may not be considering?

Thanks

Not really darker.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there another reason why people seem not to like the metal ones?

because your views are very limited if you sit in a chair , you have to stand at the balcony rail to get any reasonable view for'ard or aft.

you can see in the image what I mean

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

Edited by Skier52