carlisle bay beach-not boatyard

Junebug1

A few years ago we went to a nice quiet beach at Carlise Bay. We took one of those white vans & just walked onto the beach where we were dropped off. We paid $15 for 2 chairs, an umbrella & 2 rum punches. There were only about 6 umbrellas & chairs set up. I have looked thru my note for that cruise & can't find what the name of the little restaraunt we sat in front of. Does this sound familiar to anyone? We would really like to go there again on our upcoming cruise in October.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

The beach I was thinking of was at Lobster Alive. We just got back from our cruise last week.

$4 pp each way in white cab/van. We walked straight onto the beach, Boatyard was to the right. We picked 2 chairs under an umbrella. A little over an hour later an employee came over to us. We paid $15 & he put arm bands on us & gave us the password for free WIFI and 3 coupons for 1/2 off 3 drinks. We used 2 coupons together for 1 free drink. Rest room was available. When we were ready to leave there were several cabs sitting next to the street.

This was a nice quite area. Only a few people in the water at a time. No toys in the water, but several time someone came to ask us if we wanted to swim with the turtles or snorkle.

We had a wonderful day.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE: The beach I was thinking of was at Lobster Alive. We just got back from our cruise last week.

$4 pp each way in white cab/van. We walked straight onto the beach, Boatyard was to the right. We picked 2 chairs under an umbrella. A little over an hour later an employee came over to us. We paid $15 & he put arm bands on us & gave us the password for free WIFI and 3 coupons for 1/2 off 3 drinks. We used 2 coupons together for 1 free drink. Rest room was available. When we were ready to leave there were several cabs sitting next to the street.

This was a nice quiet area. Only a few people in the water at a time. No toys in the water, but several times someone came to ask us if we wanted to swim with the turtles or snorkle. We had a wonderful day.

Thanks for your report on Lobster Alive. The "quiet" part appeals to me. The Boatyard sounds too chaotic. Question: did you get there super early? I'm wondering if that's why it was nice and quiet, and did it stay relatively quiet during your stay? (relative to the Boatyard, I guess!) Thanks!