Review: SB Alaska Coral P. June 3-10 (Part 1)

New York Nana

Hi, Barb, thanks for your email address; if I have more questions, I'll send you a message. YOU'RE the sweet one!

We sound like kindred spirits; I, too, am prone to motion sickness. I use Bonine (Meclizine) instead of the Scopalomine patch. My doc won't give me a 'script for it; he says there are too many side effects. I got so seasick on my first cruise that, even though I've been on many cruises, I continue to use the Meclizine...too afraid not to keep taking it! ;)

And I agree about the location on the ship. I book mid to mid-aft on a lower deck. No use taking chances, even though today's ships are so much larger. My first cruise was on a 12,000-ton ship (the original Pacific Princess) in the early '80s. Compare that to my most recent cruises on the Royal and Regal at around 141,000 GRT...huge difference!

I'll give my family a heads-up on the two days that may be the roughest. I want to make sure they take the Meclizine on those days, at least. I'll be bringing extras in case the tough guys think they don't need to pack it! :D

Thanks for the Customs info, too. I'm feeling better about everything.

~ Roseann

Really great, detailed review and lovely photos! It seems like you saw quite a bit of wildlife! We sail Coral Princess in September. (NB, but still a similar experience, so I'm very grateful for your insight)

Looks like tons of fun. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed your detailed review and photos! We love cruising and land travel in Alaska! We have been four times with the last being 2010. I think after seeing your photos it's time for us to return to Alaska and this time spend even more time on land. We did independent land travel also. With the help of CC friends it's easy to plan! Thanks again for sharing! Now it's time to tell my husband I know where one of our trips for next year needs to be!

I enjoyed your detailed review and photos! We love cruising and land travel in Alaska! We have been four times with the last being 2010. I think after seeing your photos it's time for us to return to Alaska and this time spend even more time on land. We did independent land travel also. With the help of CC friends it's easy to plan! Thanks again for sharing! Now it's time to tell my husband I know where one of our trips for next year needs to be!

Ha! Just talking with my husband and he's saying to keep an eye out for the 2017 Alaska dates - he's ready to go back!!

Have fun planning YOUR next trip!

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. My family will be on the Coral Southbound next June. We are gathering as much information on the cruise as we can.

You mentioned that you would scan the Patters. I would love to get a copy of them and any info on the dinner menus that you have.

JB

Thanks so much for your review and pictures. My family will be on the Coral Southbound next June. We are gathering as much information on the cruise as we can.

You mentioned that you would scan the Patters. I would love to get a copy of them and any info on the dinner menus that you have.

JB

Happy to! Email me at beh614@gmail.com and put "Coral Patters" in the subject line. I'll send them along. If I could figure out how to attach them to here, I would, but haven't figured it out yet!