Navigating to Fulton Garage and pier

Roberta Rader

We are sailing on the Dream on 8/2/2015. We've always sailed from Florida. This is our first cruise departing from NOLA. I reserved our parking at Fulton Garage through New Orleans Parking back in February. I've heard other forum participants say that you need to drop off your luggage at the pier before going to park so as not to over burden the garage elevators. I'm wondering how well everything is marked and how hard is it to find where we are supposed to drop off luggage. I've read where some people thought it was disorganized and weren't sure where they were supposed to go. For someone who has never been there before, how difficult is it? Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

We are sailing on the Dream on 8/2/2015. We've always sailed from Florida. This is our first cruise departing from NOLA. I reserved our parking at Fulton Garage through New Orleans Parking back in February. I've heard other forum participants say that you need to drop off your luggage at the pier before going to park so as not to over burden the garage elevators. I'm wondering how well everything is marked and how hard is it to find where we are supposed to drop off luggage. I've read where some people thought it was disorganized and weren't sure where they were supposed to go. For someone who has never been there before, how difficult is it? Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

It is a piece of cake.

The issue with the luggage and the elevators is when you return from the cruise. They don't want everyone jumping out of the shuttle with all their luggage and then heading to the garage elevators and overwhelming them. So they ask that you wait downstairs with the luggage while the drive goes up and brings the car down. You then load your vehicle curbside.

On departure it is just best to do the opposite. Leave the luggage and at least one person down by the shuttle area and then take the car up up to whatever floor you end up parking on. In my experience it will be at least floor 5 or higher. Then take the elevator down and join your luggage/people. If you really wanted to you could all go up and come down with the luggage on the elevator as they only ask you not do when coming back on the shuttle. :)

Oh what a relief. That does sound like a piece of cake. I was envisioning trying to find a drop off spot at the pier and leaving my party (which includes 2 teen girls) and then going to park and come back and trying to locate my party. Thank you so much NightOne.

Oh what a relief. That does sound like a piece of cake. I was envisioning trying to find a drop off spot at the pier and leaving my party (which includes 2 teen girls) and then going to park and come back and trying to locate my party. Thank you so much NightOne.

Glad I could help.

Yes, some people make things sound a lot more difficult than they really are. :)