Recent Summit Bermuda Cruisers

sarahc78

Will be on the Summit for July 12. We went to Alaska on the Millennium and loved the thalassotherapy pool in the solarium. So please tell me it is fully open on the Summit.

Yes the thalassotherapy pool is open on Summit, unless of course some one breaks a glass or bottle and they have to drain it and clean it. There is a sign no drinking but as we well know many people disregard the rules as we had this happen on a previous Summit cruise.

Getting on the Summit is so easy in Bayonne, now. BUT...don't let this fool you.

It is a long walk to disembark. Get a wheelchair! We did a b2b, and I had no idea it would be such a long walk to the passport people. I learned from my mistake, so, on disembarkation I got a wheelchair. It will take a little longer, but is really necessary if long walks are impossible for you.

There are benches in Bermuda near the trolley. I have never understood why they dont load/unload right in front of the building. They make you go to the far side and line up there. Taxis will come right up to the building. It is cost effective to take a ferry, though. Shuttle will take you right to the Ferry. Buy tickets in the morning close to the shuttle. :)

Getting on the Summit is so easy in Bayonne, now. BUT...don't let this fool you.

It is a long walk to disembark. Get a wheelchair! We did a b2b, and I had no idea it would be such a long walk to the passport people. I learned from my mistake, so, on disembarkation I got a wheelchair. It will take a little longer, but is really necessary if long walks are impossible for you.

You are correct, I was amazed at how long you had to walk once you got down the escalators (or off the elevators) to where they have the luggage. Reminded me of a airport.

Edited by CruisingChick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure if I should ask this here...but here it goes. I've looked through celebrity site and it mentions new multilevel parking that would accommodate 900 cars and would be ready for march 2015. March obviously passed and their site was not updated. Can someone confirm that this parking is completed now and is clearly marked. Exact address would be most helpful so I can just put it into a GPS. Thanks for any help :)

Hi,

Not sure if I should ask this here...but here it goes. I've looked through celebrity site and it mentions new multilevel parking that would accommodate 900 cars and would be ready for march 2015. March obviously passed and their site was not updated. Can someone confirm that this parking is completed now and is clearly marked. Exact address would be most helpful so I can just put it into a GPS. Thanks for any help :)

Address is

14 Port Terminal Blvd

Bayonne, NJ

As previously mentioned, the multi level parking is under construction.

Pull up to the curb, unload your luggage, follow the instructions given by the porter for parking and either walk back to the terminal or hop on the shuttle bus.

Once inside, no more shuttles to the ship. So easy.

Edited by celebrity