A question about the Spirit

Its a few years since we were on the Spirit (4 i think) Does anyone know has any refurb been done to the inside cabins on deck 2. Its where we stayed last time (midship), the only gripe was that the bathroom fittings were old, clean but old and a bit chipped. We are not going till Sept 16 ! We were going this year but had to cancel. Weve been since the Spirit on Dream and Majesty. The Spirit is favourite.:)

We were on the Spirit in April and as soon as we boarded we felt 'at home'. Our cabin, inside double on deck 3, was fine. The bathroom had been refurbished with a new basin and vanity unit. Cant remember about the tiling though. I think quite a few of the public areas had received new carpets and soft furnishings and fortunately, they hadn't converted the Explorers lounge into a coffee lounge like they have on Celebration. We felt the quality of food had dipped a bit. We had planned to dine in the compass rose but on day 3 we gave up due to the very slow service and ended up using the buffet for the remainder of the cruise. The staff were excellent as usual though not so many familiar faces this time. Ents staff were quite good too. Bar service was good which made yet another price hike a little more palatable. Overall, Spirit is still my favourite ship but we would only use Thomson again if the price was right. Having spent a small fortune with them over the years, it would have been nice to have received some recognition as a returning guest. Alas, Thomson shot themselves in the foot on this one.

:)

Its a few years since we were on the Spirit (4 i think) Does anyone know has any refurb been done to the inside cabins on deck 2. Its where we stayed last time (midship), the only gripe was that the bathroom fittings were old, clean but old and a bit chipped. We are not going till Sept 16 ! We were going this year but had to cancel. Weve been since the Spirit on Dream and Majesty. The Spirit is favourite.:)

Thank you Joeholiday2 and Rookery for your responses. Sounds like the Spirit is pretty much the same as before, i have to say its still me favourite and although Sept 16 is an age away, time flies ! I keep reading the brochure !