Chef's Table on Freedom

Hi. I have not done the Chef's Table on the CARNIVAL FREEDOM, but I intend to on my upcoming cruise sailing Aug 29. I HAVE done the Chef's Table on other Carnival ships and really enjoy them, and I encourage you to try it as well. I have done them on the MAGIC, DREAM, CONQUEST, ECSTACY,TRIUMPH....a wonderful dining experience and a great way to make new friends who share a love of food and wine. On the smaller ships, (not the Dream class) you are in a private dining room. On the Dream class ships you are in the galley. Beautiful set up. Unlimited wine throughout the evening. Tour of the galley, opportunity to question the chef, and usually a demonstration of how to make the melting cake. Sometimes they give you a cookbook, sometimes not. A group photograph is included. Go for it!

The Chef's table is a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it. I have not attended the table on the Freedom, but have done it on the Miracle and the Inspiration. It is a standard presentation across the fleet, so the only real difference between the ships is the location. Some ships hold it in the library (Fantasy class I believe), some in the night club (Spirit class?). The newer ships have dedicated spaces for it.

Plan on 4 hours and wear loose clothing. ;-)

I can't wait to try the Chef's Table when I cruise on the Freedom in September. After many cruises, I just discovered the Chef's Table...and I've done it on the Elation twice. It's definitely a must!! I understand the menu is the same fleet-wide, but I'm not sure when or how often it is changed. If not, I'll still be happy.

This sounds like a lot of fun. How early do you need to sign up for it? And how much is it per person?

I believe iot ios seventy-fivce (75) dollars per person. I usually tip on top of that, which is an option. The dinner is usualluy limited to twelve (12) people, but sometimes they will do more than one if there is enough interest. You can book ahead of sailing by contacting the Steakhouse on board via email. You can get that link off of the Carnival website down at the bottom on John HJerald's blog post. I just received my confirmation email for my Aug 29 sailing on the FREEDOM. So excited!

Yes, it is $75 per person, and I tip as well. In April, they actually had 2 Chef Tables... both were on port days. I went to Guest Services once onboard to make sure they had my reservation, and that's when I was asked which day I preferred. I guess that had a lot of reservations!!!